Corvette Names

Old February 16th 05, 02:28 PM
Johnny Mc

Default Corvette Names

My daughter talked me into naming my 84' Corvette.
I named it "Sampson"
Anybody else do such a crazy thing?

--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc

To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 16th 05, 03:16 PM
SkyhawkXP

Johnny Mc wrote:
> My daughter talked me into naming my 84' Corvette.
> I named it "Sampson"
> Anybody else do such a crazy thing?

No, but have known others that have. You are not alone. <g>

Old February 16th 05, 05:04 PM
Bob G.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:28:41 -0600, "Johnny Mc"
> wrote:

>My daughter talked me into naming my 84' Corvette.
>I named it "Sampson"
>Anybody else do such a crazy thing?

No...I just refer to them this way

64...Tan Vette
72 Red Vette
76 Blue Vette
79 White Vette
95... Damn fricken always dirty BLACK Vette

the Chevelle is just the Chevelle

Bob Griffiths
Old February 16th 05, 06:00 PM
Johnny Mc

>>My daughter talked me into naming my 84' Corvette.
>>I named it "Sampson"
>>Anybody else do such a crazy thing?

> No...I just refer to them this way
>
> 64...Tan Vette
> 72 Red Vette
> 76 Blue Vette
> 79 White Vette
> 95... Damn fricken always dirty BLACK Vette
>
> the Chevelle is just the Chevelle
>
> Bob Griffiths

I am still in the habit of saying "I am taking the Vette" as I don't have
the confusion of multiple Vettes. I am going to have to practice saying "I
am taking Sampson to the store" or "Sampson and I are running to the store."
I like that better...

Old February 16th 05, 07:29 PM
Charles Spitzer

"Johnny Mc" > wrote in message

>>>My daughter talked me into naming my 84' Corvette.
>>>I named it "Sampson"
>>>Anybody else do such a crazy thing?

>> No...I just refer to them this way
>>
>> 64...Tan Vette
>> 72 Red Vette
>> 76 Blue Vette
>> 79 White Vette
>> 95... Damn fricken always dirty BLACK Vette
>>
>> the Chevelle is just the Chevelle
>>
>> Bob Griffiths

> I am still in the habit of saying "I am taking the Vette" as I don't have
> the confusion of multiple Vettes. I am going to have to practice saying "I
> am taking Sampson to the store" or "Sampson and I are running to the
> store." I like that better...
>
> --
>
> I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
> Johnny Mc
>
> To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's a girl thing. my wife named hers 'the bee' with a plate of 'bzzzzzz'
since it's a 96 yellow convertible with a black top, and my car is 'penny'
since it's a copper 94. i still call it 'my car', much to her chagrin.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Old February 16th 05, 07:50 PM
Johnny Mc

>>> No...I just refer to them this way
>>>
>>> 64...Tan Vette
>>> 72 Red Vette
>>> 76 Blue Vette
>>> 79 White Vette
>>> 95... Damn fricken always dirty BLACK Vette
>>>
>>> the Chevelle is just the Chevelle
>>>
>>> Bob Griffiths

>> I am still in the habit of saying "I am taking the Vette" as I don't have
>> the confusion of multiple Vettes. I am going to have to practice saying
>> "I am taking Sampson to the store" or "Sampson and I are running to the
>> store." I like that better...
>>
>> --
>>
>> I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
>> Johnny Mc
>>
>> To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> it's a girl thing. my wife named hers 'the bee' with a plate of 'bzzzzzz'
> since it's a 96 yellow convertible with a black top, and my car is 'penny'
> since it's a copper 94. i still call it 'my car', much to her chagrin.
>
> regards,
> charlie
> cave creek, az

Well, I give in to my little girl ;^)>
My car is Sampson and he is out in the parking lot here at work topless in
the 78 degree sun = 8^0>

Old February 16th 05, 11:20 PM
dave

'Ol BLue' for my 1970 BB Coupe, T tops.

Old February 17th 05, 01:34 AM
Scubabix

I haven't, but, my wife calls mine "Rob's Other Bitch."

Rob

Old February 17th 05, 03:06 AM
tbone

LOL!

Old February 17th 05, 02:48 PM
Johnny Mc

>"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:28:41 -0600, "Johnny Mc"
> > wrote something wonderfully
> witty:
>
>>My daughter talked me into naming my 84' Corvette.
>>I named it "Sampson"
>>Anybody else do such a crazy thing?
>>

> Such as give a piece of machinery Car/Motorcycle/Boat/Airplane which
> is normally considered to be feminine a male name, I guess Gay guys
> do.
> --
> "Either kill me or take me as I am,
> because I'll be damned if I ever change..."
>
> The Marquis de Sade

Daughter named mine "Sampson" because it sounds so powerful. She is only 12,
so I could not tell her my suggestion.
My Vette is so loud I would have to just call her "Bitch!"
But I see somebody else already mentioned that.