attn Dave Milne

Old September 11th 05, 06:30 PM
jaco

Default attn Dave Milne

Dave
I didn't mean to infer anything negative with my comment about running for
cover --- I was referencing the can of worms (as you can see by all the
replies) that was about to be opened.

be well
jaco

Old September 12th 05, 01:11 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It's the Boy Scout motto, be prepared. I bet the schools, today
don't even run fire drills.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 12th 05, 01:13 AM
DougW

Kate did pass the time by typing:
> "Billy Ray" wrote ...
>> Duck and cover? I have a copy of that video around here somewhere.
>>

>> I remember President Kennedy promised we would be safe from Russian A-Bombs
>> if we hid underneath our wooden school desks.

> OMG!
> I remember that too!
> I AM getting old... dangit!

Join the club.

http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/duck-and-cover.wav

That's so old, not only is it in wave format
it was rescued off a 5 1/4 floppy.

--
DougW

Old September 12th 05, 01:11 PM
Earle Horton

Actually, they do. And simulated lock-downs too. Since Columbine, its a
lot different in schools.

Earle

Old September 13th 05, 05:45 AM
Bret Ludwig

DougW wrote:
> Kate did pass the time by typing:
> > "Billy Ray" wrote ...
> >> Duck and cover? I have a copy of that video around here somewhere.
> >>

> >> I remember President Kennedy promised we would be safe from Russian A-Bombs
> >> if we hid underneath our wooden school desks.

Hiding under the desk in the Oval Office was a well practiced art in
the Kennedy Administration, but it hardly kept Marilyn Monroe safe.

Old September 13th 05, 08:41 AM
Lon

More like "duck and cover"

As in get beneath your desk. Face away from any windows. Squat and
bend your head over as far as you can. Fold your arms across the back
of your head and pull it down as far as you can. Reach out with your
lips as far as you can in this position and kiss your *ss goodbye.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Old September 13th 05, 07:20 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

Monica Lewinsky certainly did her part to keep up the tradition.

oups.com...

Old September 16th 05, 01:48 PM
Dave Milne

Well, the lid may have been opened, but not *too* many worms wriggled out
:-)
Seems to be a broad consensus that everyone is partly to blame.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

"jaco" > wrote in message
> Dave
> I didn't mean to infer anything negative with my comment about running for
> cover --- I was referencing the can of worms (as you can see by all the
> replies) that was about to be opened.
>
> be well
> jaco
>
> >You guys know me well enough to know
> > I'm not trolling.
> >
> > Dave Milne, Scotland
> > '91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
> >
> > > I will now duck and run for cover as things might get ugly around

here!

Oil prices got you down? Cherokee-Ltd Jeep 152 August 21st 05 05:08 AM
Attn: Dave Henrie Ped Xing Simulators 4 February 25th 05 05:02 PM
Dave lets the truth slip out! Adrian Miles-Davros Corvette 24 September 12th 04 01:26 AM