Thinking of upgrading to C5

Old August 2nd 07, 04:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Thinking of upgrading to C5- - - hi-jacked thread

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

> Brilliant. I'm sure "Dave" is offended, but I LMFAO.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops) *
>
> * - With the weather the way it is, it's my daily driver for now!
> )

I have the recording but didn't know if I wanted to attach it so found
it easily on the net. I wanted to put a pointer to Jesse Jackson's
baby hotline but I think the PC crowd have them all blocked. Way
funny............

You get over this way let me know, we can get a bite to eat and gossip
about the group. I'm 17.75 miles into Ohio on the TP.

Had to put the top up today so I could lock it up to go into the court
house and not have the laptop stolen, (wanted to see how the
speedometer and GPS speed compared). Could not hardly breath when I
came back out and went to the parts store, top came down before I left
there and was still sweating when I got home, 96 degrees and 85%
humidity.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 2nd 07, 12:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

And then!!!! there is my all time favorite, George Carlin.......
http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm or for those that can't read...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uBAPbOWLxc

"Brilliant. I'm sure "Dave" is offended, but I LMFAO.
AJM"

REPLY: AJM, Its the/your personal Creator whom you dont want to exist
, that is offended ; lots of foolish folks are quite brave.....this
side of death. Only you can change that.

Old August 2nd 07, 04:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

On Aug 1, 7:05 am, "Dad" > wrote:

> And then!!!! there is my all time favorite, George Carlin.......http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htmor for those that can't read...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uBAPbOWLxc

That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!

Old August 2nd 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!'

REPLY: This is far better material than what George Carlin offers :

In order to reject the personal obvious Creator , the Atheist must
resort to incredulous silly faith for his practiced religion ; here are
a few non sensicle things that atheists must hold to due to their pride,
rebellion, and arrogance of not wanting to live for the Creator :

1. Tries to pretend that very personal innate qualities of a human being
such as abstract thoughts, moral oughtness, ethical systems, compassion,
empathy, et al ... came from NON personal material such as Hydrogen Gas
, planets, dirt, etc... This is akin to the Pet Rock idea of the 1960's
having 'personality' .

2. Tries to pretend that the vast array of specified complexity such as
Human DNA can come about from the atmosphere when even its co-founder,
atheist Dr. Francis Crick , boldly declared that : " it is IMPOSSIBLE
for DNA to have arrived by accident from the atmosphere".

3. Tries to pretend that the scientifically confirmed 133 (so far
discovered) constant parameters of our Solar System which are all needed
simultaneously / working collaborately with one another , so earth can
be here so we can live on it....came about thru 'natural , accidental
,non intelligence' purely by chance for no good reason.

4. Tries to pretend that there are no absolute moral laws which he
should live by ... even though he expects and demands others treat
himself with absolute morality ( all the time) .

Now..THAT is so funny and true, isnt it ?!!!

Old August 2nd 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Butcher[_2_]

"Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message
> 'That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!'
>
> REPLY: This is far better material than what George Carlin offers :
>
> In order to reject the personal obvious Creator , the Atheist must
> resort to incredulous silly faith for his practiced religion ; here are
> a few non sensicle things that atheists must hold to due to their pride,
> rebellion, and arrogance of not wanting to live for the Creator :
>
> 1. Tries to pretend that very personal innate qualities of a human being
> such as abstract thoughts, moral oughtness, ethical systems, compassion,
> empathy, et al ... came from NON personal material such as Hydrogen Gas
> , planets, dirt, etc... This is akin to the Pet Rock idea of the 1960's
> having 'personality' .
>
> 2. Tries to pretend that the vast array of specified complexity such as
> Human DNA can come about from the atmosphere when even its co-founder,
> atheist Dr. Francis Crick , boldly declared that : " it is IMPOSSIBLE
> for DNA to have arrived by accident from the atmosphere".
>
> 3. Tries to pretend that the scientifically confirmed 133 (so far
> discovered) constant parameters of our Solar System which are all needed
> simultaneously / working collaborately with one another , so earth can
> be here so we can live on it....came about thru 'natural , accidental
> ,non intelligence' purely by chance for no good reason.
>
> 4. Tries to pretend that there are no absolute moral laws which he
> should live by ... even though he expects and demands others treat
> himself with absolute morality ( all the time) .
>

> Now..THAT is so funny and true, isnt it ?!!!

I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic but
there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by James
Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the arguments of the
Darwinist atheists. Ever heard of entropy (second law of thermodynamics)?
Hint : entropy is the tendency for matter to become disordered over time,
Nature requires the INPUT of energy to maintain an ordered state. I guess
if you read the book in your Vette it wouldn't be off topic...hehe

Thanks for all the great info I've gotten here (not counting the trolls) I
LOVE MY CE!

Butcher
'96 LT-4 Collector Edition

Old August 3rd 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Thinking of upgrading - - - derailed thread

"Butcher" > wrote in message
t...

> "Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message
>>> 'That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!'

>> REPLY: This is far better material than what George Carlin offers
>> :

Snip
>> , planets, dirt, etc... This is akin to the Pet Rock idea of the
>> 1960's
>> having 'personality' .

Typical reply and as usual incorrect, the Pet Rock fad was in 1975
only. Where do you get your information off the bathroom walls at the
courthouse? "Pet Rocks were a 1970s fad conceived in Los Gatos,
California by an advertising executive Gary Dahl. The first Pet Rocks
were ordinary gray pebbles bought at a builder's supply store and
marketed as if they were live pets. The fad lasted only about six
months, ending with the Christmas season in December 1975; but in its
short run, the Pet Rock made Dahl a millionaire."

I never compared you personally to a Pet Rock either, would never
insult a rock like that.

Old August 4th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic
but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by
James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the
arguments of the Darwinist atheists.'

REPLY: Glad you became a member of the worldwide Corvette Club Butcher
This book you speak of sounds like a British Astronomers quotation
regarding Abiogenesis (life from non-life fallacy) , as follows :

' The chance that life arose from non life is equal to the chance that a
Tornadoe ripping thru a junkyard could assemble a Boeing 747 from the
materials therein' .

Old August 4th 07, 04:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Butcher[_2_]

"dave" > wrote in message
> 'I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic
> but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by
> James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the
> arguments of the Darwinist atheists.'
>
> REPLY: Glad you became a member of the worldwide Corvette Club Butcher
> This book you speak of sounds like a British Astronomers quotation
> regarding Abiogenesis (life from non-life fallacy) , as follows :
>
> ' The chance that life arose from non life is equal to the chance that a
> Tornadoe ripping thru a junkyard could assemble a Boeing 747 from the
> materials therein' .

yes it builds on the fact that through time things tend to become less
organized rather than more, but it goes into many other aspects of
chance/time vs. intelligent design, also does a great job of refuting
theories that the world is very old and changes slowly. You will think
twice about fossil evidence and rock strata vs. age too, as well as certain
'common sense' problems with rate of sedimentation, celestial movements and
probability theory. It's a fairly fast read, easy to understand with lots
of pictures I think very well done. I don't have my copy now as I lend it
out quite often so I really can't give exact examples, but a few things come
to mind -- the odds of the DNA structure coming together is like
1X10(400th), anything over 10(150) is considered impossible; the eye -- how
can separate parts 'evolve' that have no function except when combined with
many others; and how archaeologists date fossils by what layer they are in,
but date the layers by what they find in them (huh?).

Oh, to stay 'on topic' I was in stop and go traffic today here in the Texas
heat and the water temp got up to 225F, never had a car that ran that hot,
too hot? When the traffic started moving temp would come down to around
200F. I've made sure the radiator is free of debris and the electric fans
are working (they sound like they don't run very quickly though), does the
C4 just run warm like that? Would an aftermarket electric fan pull more air
maybe? How about an electric water pump? Seems a bit of overkill there
unless one races the car...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks, I'm very much enjoying the group!

Butcher
Austin, TX
'96 LT-4 CE

Old August 4th 07, 05:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Butcher" > wrote in message
t...

> yes it builds on the fact that through time things tend to become
> less organized rather than more, but it goes into many other aspects
> of chance/time vs. intelligent design, also does a great job of
> refuting theories that the world is very old and changes slowly.
> You will think twice about fossil evidence and rock strata vs. age
> too, as well as certain 'common sense' problems with rate of
> sedimentation, celestial movements and probability theory. It's a
> fairly fast read, easy to understand with lots of pictures I think
> very well done. I don't have my copy now as I lend it out quite
> often so I really can't give exact examples, but a few things come
> to mind -- the odds of the DNA structure coming together is like
> 1X10(400th), anything over 10(150) is considered impossible; the
> eye -- how can separate parts 'evolve' that have no function except
> when combined with many others; and how archaeologists date fossils
> by what layer they are in, but date the layers by what they find in
> them (huh?).

I got much more out of Breaking the Spell by Daniel C. Dennett or his
Darwin's Dangerous Idea. His books make you think, that may be painful
to some.

> Oh, to stay 'on topic' I was in stop and go traffic today here in
> the Texas heat and the water temp got up to 225F, never had a car
> that ran that hot, too hot? When the traffic started moving temp
> would come down to around 200F. I've made sure the radiator is free
> of debris and the electric fans are working (they sound like they
> don't run very quickly though), does the C4 just run warm like that?
> Would an aftermarket electric fan pull more air maybe? How about an
> electric water pump? Seems a bit of overkill there unless one races
> the car...
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks, I'm very much enjoying the
> group!

Not out of operating range and if you must don't just go changing the
thermostat to get it lower without tweaking the computer to turn on
the fans sooner.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 4th 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Butcher[_2_]

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Butcher" > wrote in message
> t...
>>

>> yes it builds on the fact that through time things tend to become less
>> organized rather than more, but it goes into many other aspects of
>> chance/time vs. intelligent design, also does a great job of refuting
>> theories that the world is very old and changes slowly. You will think
>> twice about fossil evidence and rock strata vs. age too, as well as
>> certain 'common sense' problems with rate of sedimentation, celestial
>> movements and probability theory. It's a fairly fast read, easy to
>> understand with lots of pictures I think very well done. I don't have my
>> copy now as I lend it out quite often so I really can't give exact
>> examples, but a few things come to mind -- the odds of the DNA structure
>> coming together is like 1X10(400th), anything over 10(150) is considered
>> impossible; the eye -- how can separate parts 'evolve' that have no
>> function except when combined with many others; and how archaeologists
>> date fossils by what layer they are in, but date the layers by what they
>> find in them (huh?).

> I got much more out of Breaking the Spell by Daniel C. Dennett or his
> Darwin's Dangerous Idea. His books make you think, that may be painful to
> some.
>
>> Oh, to stay 'on topic' I was in stop and go traffic today here in the
>> Texas heat and the water temp got up to 225F, never had a car that ran
>> that hot, too hot? When the traffic started moving temp would come down
>> to around 200F. I've made sure the radiator is free of debris and the
>> electric fans are working (they sound like they don't run very quickly
>> though), does the C4 just run warm like that? Would an aftermarket
>> electric fan pull more air maybe? How about an electric water pump?
>> Seems a bit of overkill there unless one races the car...
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated, thanks, I'm very much enjoying the group!
>>

> Not out of operating range and if you must don't just go changing the
> thermostat to get it lower without tweaking the computer to turn on the
> fans sooner.
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
> 64 Red/red/white top/4spd

Thanks Dad for the advice on the books haven't heard of that writer will
check them out.

I know the LT-4 has a 180F 'stat figured a 160F wouldn't really help and
maybe even hurt in the winter if the car thinks it's too cool all the time
but that idea of turning on the fans at a lower temp might, however as soon
as I start moving in traffic the temps come down so I thought airflow might
be the only real problem. I'd give up a few hp to have that big
engine-driven fan sucking air through the rad. those electric ones seem not
to move a whole lot of air.

Oh one quick question I got a 'check engine' code today -- "bank 1 cat
efficiency low", last week I just replaced the #2 O2 sensor on that side
(sensor heater code) maybe I should also replace the #1 first? Don't want
to replace the cat if it's just an old sensor getting a little out of range
compared to the new #2. Seems like maybe the left tailpipe has a little
more carbon in it than the right, maybe a leaky injector?

Great day to all!

Butcher
'96 LT-4 CE

upgrading the brakes Simon Juncal Jeep 1 December 3rd 05 11:02 PM
slightly OT. Upgrading from GT convertible to ____ roger Ford Mustang 4 November 11th 05 11:22 PM
Manually upgrading Honda Civic [email protected] Honda 0 October 15th 05 01:24 AM
Upgrading/replacing 164 stereo system? [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 September 19th 05 02:33 AM
Upgrading the 2004 Element AWD OM Honda 1 March 5th 05 06:05 PM