Winter floor mats for E46 330Ci?

Old September 25th 04, 09:24 PM
Kevin Oberle

Default Winter floor mats for E46 330Ci?

Hi Folks,

I'd purchased a set of BMW OEM rubber floor mats for my current generation
3 Series coupe, and while they look nice and tailored, I haven't found them
to be particularly effective. They're so flat that salt-laden snow melt
often flows off the edges and by late winter leaves nasty mineral rings
around the carpet.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand of winter mats that would be
more appropriate for this car (taking into account the nature of the gas
pedal mount)? If so, where'd you get them?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old September 25th 04, 10:35 PM
Jim Levie

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:24:19 -0500, Kevin Oberle wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'd purchased a set of BMW OEM rubber floor mats for my current generation
> 3 Series coupe, and while they look nice and tailored, I haven't found
> them to be particularly effective. They're so flat that salt-laden snow
> melt often flows off the edges and by late winter leaves nasty mineral
> rings around the carpet.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand of winter mats that would be
> more appropriate for this car (taking into account the nature of the gas
> pedal mount)? If so, where'd you get them?

Maybe you could glue strips of rubber around the edges to form a dam?

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

Old September 26th 04, 11:11 PM
GRL

There are mats available that basically form a pan in the foot area. Not
cheap, but effective. Look in the car books.

- GRL
7.142...

Old September 26th 04, 11:57 PM
tech27

I got the BMW mats for both a older 325 and a new 540. They fit perfectly
and did a great job. Maybe you got something else, not the WINTER mat?

Old September 29th 04, 02:57 AM
Randy S

WeatherTech, sold by MacNeil(?) I think. They have ads in all the car
magazines. Used them for years in different vehicles.

Randy
Old September 30th 04, 12:40 PM
Kevin Oberle

"tech27" > wrote in
.verio.net:

> I got the BMW mats for both a older 325 and a new 540. They fit
> perfectly and did a great job. Maybe you got something else, not the
> WINTER mat?

Well, carpet-style mats came with the car. We then purchases all-rubber
mats from our dealer which have "BMW" embossed at the tail end of them. If
they're not the OEM winter mats, I can't say what they'd be.

They do look and fit great, but they're just too flat, and any significant
amount of snowmelt carried in on boots and pants quickly accumulates enough
to overflow the low sides.

Kevin