Chrysler Magazine

Old October 24th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Chrysler Magazine

Chrysler Magazine is looking for owners to feature in the publication.
Must have a unique story about car, job, life, etc. and be enthusiastic
about your Chrysler. Please send information for consideration to
. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old October 24th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Art[_1_]

How about former Chrysler owners that believe their current cars being built
are so ugly that they had to buy something else.

oups.com...

Old October 25th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

NowItsWhatever wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> Chrysler Magazine is looking for owners to feature in the publication.
>> Must have a unique story about car, job, life, etc. and be enthusiastic
>> about your Chrysler. Please send information for consideration to

. Thanks in advance for your help.

> My '94 Intrepid 3.5 story
>
> Fuel rail problem at about 50,000 - raw gas spewing over hot engine -
> not good.

Covered under a recall

> Water pump went bad at 70,000.

Normal maintenance item.

> AC compressor at about 80,000. I

Since a dozen other manufacturers around the world also use Nippondenso
AC compressors, is that really Chrysler's fault?

> Inner tie rod bushings at 90,000.

Normal maintenance item.

> Cheap original brake rotors (warped quickly).

Normal maintenance item.

> Flaking paint - absolutely hideous. The entire roof is peeling.

Yep, that one sucks. Depends on the paint color and batch of paint used.
All carmakers had that problem during the switch over to more
"environmentally friendly" paint chemistry.

How about my '93 3.5 story.:

Couple of water pumps (at normal timing belt replacement intervals)
Transmission at 150,000 miles
Currently over 240,000 miles, still going strong.
Still looks pretty darn good, a few door dings notwithstanding
One of the best cars I've ever had.

Old October 25th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:26:38 -0500, Steve > wrote:

>NowItsWhatever wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Chrysler Magazine is looking for owners to feature in the publication.
>>> Must have a unique story about car, job, life, etc. and be enthusiastic
>>> about your Chrysler. Please send information for consideration to

. Thanks in advance for your help.

>> My '94 Intrepid 3.5 story
>>
>> Fuel rail problem at about 50,000 - raw gas spewing over hot engine -
>> not good.

>Covered under a recall
>

>> Water pump went bad at 70,000.

>Normal maintenance item.
>>
>> AC compressor at about 80,000. I

>Since a dozen other manufacturers around the world also use Nippondenso
>AC compressors, is that really Chrysler's fault? <snip>

It's not, especially with R-134A and PAG oil. NDs are almost as
universal now as Frigidaire A-6s were in the '60s-'70s, and they fail
the same, no matter what car they're on. Failing contacts on ND
starters is also a long standing trademark that plagued the first
Toyotas and Hondas up to the new Chryslers of today. However, many ND
6P and 10Ps from long ago, run on properly charged and dry R-12, are
still original and trouble-free. R-134A/PAG is a noxious combination
should anything go wrong temperature and pressure-wise, which oft
times happens, moreso than the hydroflouric acid problems with
similarly abused 12 systems.

>> Inner tie rod bushings at 90,000.

>Normal maintenance item. <snip>

I tend not to agree here. A front end that lasts less than 100K isn't
much of a front end, to me.

>> Cheap original brake rotors (warped quickly).

>Normal maintenance item. <snip>

This seems to be a Chrysler trademark, as well. Even my M-body's
original rotors were potato chips, even after heated resurfacing.
Replacements were trouble-free. We won't talk about the ABS plastic
calipers at all, though.

>> Flaking paint - absolutely hideous. The entire roof is peeling.

>Yep, that one sucks. Depends on the paint color and batch of paint used.
>All carmakers had that problem during the switch over to more
>"environmentally friendly" paint chemistry. <snip>

"Modified" acrylics are having more problems with UV rejection than
did previous formulations. It's industry-wide, judging from the
peeling Hondas and Toyotas I see around town. Most long-lived clear
coat: Cadillacs in the early '90s. Many STILL aren't peeling and
have great gloss after 15 years.

Old October 25th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
NJ Vike[_1_]

I would but your e-mail address doesn't end in chrysler.com

Who are you really?

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

oups.com...

Old October 26th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:00:56 GMT, "NJ Vike"
> wrote:

>"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
>from thirty-third to Buffalo.
>From Broadway bright the tubes run right
>Into the Road of Anthracite"
>Erie - Lackawanna

Actually, that little ditty advertising the DL&W's "Phoebe Snow"
premier passenger train predated the Erie-Lackawanna merger by at
least four decades.

"The Road of Anthracite" was keeping dirty mine towns, like where
Noodles lives now, in business. When the FTs started shoving steam
off that road, it was the beginning of the end of NE Pennsylvania's
economy.

....which causes me to pen this limmerick:

"Northeast Penna's anthracite
Ran Phoebe Snow all night
When diesels took the Phoebe Snow
Charlie Nudoes had to go!"
Old October 26th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Art[_1_]

It is a magazine publisher. Just add www. to her email address.

link.net...

Old October 26th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
NowItsWhatever

Steve wrote:
> NowItsWhatever wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Chrysler Magazine is looking for owners to feature in the publication.
>>> Must have a unique story about car, job, life, etc. and be enthusiastic
>>> about your Chrysler. Please send information for consideration to

. Thanks in advance for your help.

>> My '94 Intrepid 3.5 story
>>
>> Fuel rail problem at about 50,000 - raw gas spewing over hot engine -
>> not good.

> Covered under a recall

No recall existed when my car had the problem. I couldn't believe the
dealer would let me drive off with the car in such dangerous condition.
I paid for the repair myself. Much later came the recall and I was
reimbursed. I was put off by the whole experience. Such a dangerous
thing.....

>> Water pump went bad at 70,000.

> Normal maintenance item.
>>
>> AC compressor at about 80,000. I

> Since a dozen other manufacturers around the world also use Nippondenso
> AC compressors, is that really Chrysler's fault?

Uh... EeeYeeaaahhh... Chrysler made the decision to put them in their
cars.... Buck stops there, IMO.

>> Inner tie rod bushings at 90,000.

> Normal maintenance item.

Normal? I've never experienced such a gross front-end failure in any
other car I've owned.

>> Cheap original brake rotors (warped quickly).

> Normal maintenance item.
>>
>> Flaking paint - absolutely hideous. The entire roof is peeling.

> Yep, that one sucks. Depends on the paint color and batch of paint used.
> All carmakers had that problem during the switch over to more
> "environmentally friendly" paint chemistry.

I assume they used the same paint on the hood and rear deck. No peeling
problems there. They screwed up in their roof painting procedures IMO.

Also, the clear coat on the black plastic c-pillar covers deteriorates
quickly. They have to be replaced periodically ("normal maintenance"?).
The b-pillar covers do not have the problem.

Old October 26th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Larry Crites

Which email address? Message came from a gmail address, yet she writes
meredith.com in the message.

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

hlink.net...