Is Ford Running on Empty?

Old July 23rd 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Matt Macchiarolo

Default Is Ford Running on Empty?

I was the perp of a similar issue at a gig several years ago....earlier that
day I had roasted a head of garlic on the grill. The cloves turn into paste,
and you squeeze it out and spread it on a roll. Mmm. Anyway, I had probably
almost a half a head of garlic like that. That night, at the start of the
third set, it hit me, and by the end of the set I had my own little corner
of the stage because everyone else in the band was trying to get away from
me. The poor drummer, however, couldn't move. :-)

Old July 23rd 06, 08:53 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Can't prove that by me, I came back to Ford Motor Company vehicles in 1999
after a half dozen Toyota and Lexus'. The Toyotas and the Lexus were great
cars but the Toyotas were underpowered and the Lexus were over priced.
Since I started buy Mustangs and Lincolns they too have been great cars.
Certainly not underpowered, or overpriced. I have been buying both for much
less than it was costing me to by Toyotas and Lexus'. In fact I saved so
much on my first Lincoln, a 2000 LS, that I bought my first Mustang since
1964, a 1999 GT convertible at the same time. That FLM dealer treats me
much better than did the Toyota or Lexus dealer ever did, as well Since
then I have purchase four more Mustangs and three more Lincolns for him

mike

Old July 23rd 06, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Imports sell to rental car companies too, they are just not as successful at
getting many fleets to buy their vehicles. The Korean do a better job of
doing that. The Koreans have a larger share of the fleet courier cars
business than the domestics, Europeans or the Japs.

mike hunt

Old July 23rd 06, 09:20 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

You better take a look in you local GM and Ford dealers used car lots. They
have quite a few Jap vehicles that have been traded on their vehicles.
The very first retail Milan was sold at a Toyota, Lincoln Mercury dealership
by a Toyota salesman and the trade was a 2003 Camry.

The owner was traveling and his tranny died on a local interstate. He was
towed to the local Toyota dealer who was duel with LM. When told the tranny
could not be repaired and a new tranny would take several days, to arrive at
the dealership and be replace. Because of the mileage it was not covered by
the warranty.

A sharp Toyota salesman suggest he might want to consider a new 2006 Camry.
They took a ride in a car he liked and the salesman gave him a price, taking
the wounded Camry in trade. While waiting for the Sales Manager to approve
the deal the buyer walked over to the LM side. No skipping a beat the
astute Toyota salesman took him for a ride in the Mercury he admired. He
continue his trip in a loaded 2006 V6 Milan, that cost him around $5,000
less than the Camry deal he was offered

mike hunt

k.net...

Old July 23rd 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

The trick was to get one, and the woman would follow. When my one neighbor
ask were was my 2005 GT convertible was. I told him I sold it because I was
picking up a 2007 in a week or two. He asked my why an eighty year old guy
like me keeps buying Mustang GT convertibles. I told him don't tell my
wife, but I'm picking up your stuff. He said you are? Sure I had this
babe after me the other day and she could not have been a day over 55

mike hunt

Old July 23rd 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Picasso

My Names Nobody wrote:
> "Picasso" > wrote in message
>> Mark Jones wrote:
>>> My 1994 Corvette with the optional performance rear gears
>>> gets 25 mpg, so getting 25 mpg from a car is really not that
>>> much of a challenge for Ford and GM.
>>>
>>> When my 2004 F-150 4x4 is paid off next fall, I intend to
>>> trade it in on a new Ford truck. Probably an F-250. My F-150
>>> has been flawless. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.
>>>

>> F150's are damn solid trucks. I wish they still made the light duty f250.
>> But anyway, the F150's are still good vehicles.
>>
>> If i had the money, I would try a 250 or 350 diesel.

> Light duty F-250's??? What year was that? Every year I'm familiar with
> share axels, brakes and springs with the F-350. I do know Chevy made
> half-ton based light duty 3/4 ton trucks, I'm not aware of a Ford light duty
> F-250.

Well, im talking about from 97 to 99 (for sure 99, maybe 2000). I had a
1997 F250, the styling was the same as the F150's of the year. There
wa also an f250 that year that was the styling of the F350s

What I had was what i'm calling the lighter duty f250... ****, maybe
itwas the same truck, i dunno, i just know it was a hell of a lot
tougher truck than my 02 f150
Old July 23rd 06, 10:10 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Picasso

Mike Hunter wrote:
> There is a light F250, under 2500, and the F250 HD. Check with your local
> Ford dealer, for the specifics, WBMA
>

> mike hunt
>
> "My Names Nobody" > wrote in message
>
>>> F150's are damn solid trucks. I wish they still made the light duty
>>> f250. But anyway, the F150's are still good vehicles.
>>>
>>> If i had the money, I would try a 250 or 350 diesel.

>> Light duty F-250's??? What year was that? Every year I'm familiar with
>> share axels, brakes and springs with the F-350. I do know Chevy made
>> half-ton based light duty 3/4 ton trucks, I'm not aware of a Ford light
>> duty F-250.

oh there could be, back in 97 the f250LD was more a beefed up f150, than
a tuned down 350, like it appears to be now.
Old July 23rd 06, 10:32 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Why are the domestics are loosing market share to the foreign auto
makers (especially the Japanese) year after year? Detroit is bleeding
and they need to stop it or they will go extinct or become a foreign
auto makers bitch.

Old July 23rd 06, 10:37 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

The sales numbers are not trending in your direction. A car company
will not make every customer a repeat buyer but the foreign makers are
winning the loyalty battle with Detroit. Toyota will be number one in
sales in the USA if this trend continues.

Old July 24th 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

The buy more 'tickets' (vehicles) from BM and Ford than any import.

mike hunt

y.com...