Grinding sound

Old September 28th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Grinding sound

This morning on the way to work I started to hear this sound... and at
first I thought it may have been a squeaking belt or something... then
it progressively became worse and I believe it is on the passenger side

rear of the vehicle.

I recently had the front wheel bearings replaced on my 98 Plymouth
Breeze with about 80k on it.

The grinding noise stops when I apply the brake pedal, but as soon as I

lift my foot, and the car starts to move... I hear it again and the
sound gets faster with the speed of the car.

Thoughts on what it could be?

Old September 29th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sqdancerLynn[_1_]

I would start with a brake inspection & checking the rear wheel bearings

Old September 29th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Knifeblade_03[_46_]

Check the parking brake for drag, also. Most likely, rear shoes are
going, if not gone.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old September 29th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 29 Sep 2006 11:26:29 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
> wrote:

>it sounds like the brake pads are worn out to the rivets, and/or the
>caliper is stuck <snip>

Moron! If the pad material was worn to the rivets, it'd grind MORE
when applied.

Further proof that Charles M. Nudo, Jr of Drums, PA is an incompent
mechanic, lies about his "automotive knowledge" and is a Usenet troll.
Block his addresses in your kill filer now:

Old September 29th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

DeserTBoB wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2006 11:26:29 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
> > wrote:
>
> >it sounds like the brake pads are worn out to the rivets, and/or the
> >caliper is stuck <snip>

> Moron! If the pad material was worn to the rivets, it'd grind MORE
> when applied.
>
> Further proof that Charles M. Nudo, Jr of Drums, PA is an incompent
> mechanic, lies about his "automotive knowledge" and is a Usenet troll.
> Block his addresses in your kill filer now:

If we take your advice to kill-file him, and we all continue to read
your enlightening posts, we will see his posts anyway because you keep
replying to everything he writes, including the ones he deletes through
Google. What kind of sense does that make?
Old September 29th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:32:31 -0500, Robbie and Laura Reynolds
> wrote:

>If we take your advice to kill-file him, and we all continue to read
>your enlightening posts, we will see his posts anyway because you keep
>replying to everything he writes, including the ones he deletes through
>Google. What kind of sense does that make? <snip>

It wouldn't. I thought you'd already kill filed me!

It's obvious to me that Charlie Nudo has attached himself like a virus
to this NG after stalking me in here, and is ruining it through his
usual plan of sedition and division, so enjoy. I'm not having any
more of it.
Old September 29th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

DeserTBoB wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:32:31 -0500, Robbie and Laura Reynolds
> > wrote:
>
> >If we take your advice to kill-file him, and we all continue to read
> >your enlightening posts, we will see his posts anyway because you keep
> >replying to everything he writes, including the ones he deletes through
> >Google. What kind of sense does that make? <snip>

> It wouldn't. I thought you'd already kill filed me!
>
> It's obvious to me that Charlie Nudo has attached himself like a virus
> to this NG after stalking me in here, and is ruining it through his
> usual plan of sedition and division, so enjoy. I'm not having any
> more of it.

Don't tease us.
Old September 30th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Larry Crites

If you would take your GM (General Maintenance) discussions to a Chitty
Chebby group, we wouldn't have to worry about either one of you.

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

Old September 30th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
David

Larry Crites wrote:
> If you would take your GM (General Maintenance) discussions to a
> Chitty Chebby group, we wouldn't have to worry about either one of
> you.
> Larry
> Behold Beware Believe
>
> "DeserTBoB" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:32:31 -0500, Robbie and Laura Reynolds
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> If we take your advice to kill-file him, and we all continue to read
>>> your enlightening posts, we will see his posts anyway because you
>>> keep replying to everything he writes, including the ones he
>>> deletes through Google. What kind of sense does that make? <snip>

>> It wouldn't. I thought you'd already kill filed me!
>>
>> It's obvious to me that Charlie Nudo has attached himself like a
>> virus to this NG after stalking me in here, and is ruining it
>> through his usual plan of sedition and division, so enjoy. I'm not
>> having any more of it.

In otherwords go away.
Lushy