GM to build engines in Mexico

Old January 25th 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

Default GM to build engines in Mexico

"Tegger" > wrote in message >
> Are prices of goods the same in Mexico as they are in the US?
> Tegger

By the way, I dont import any of these products for sale within
the USA.. I might in the future, but it is not too likely.
Old January 25th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

There are some American Farmers who moved to Mexico.They are allowed to
farm the land and grow crops and sell the crops.They are not allowed to
own the land.

An article in my January 2011 Laptop snail mail magazine, (News & Trends
section) about conflict minerals.The Republic of Congo supplies about 12
percent of the major metals used in electronics worldwide.
http://www.laptopmag.com
cuhulin

Old January 25th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

"hls" > wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote in message >
>>
>> Are prices of goods the same in Mexico as they are in the US?
>>

> Essentially, yes. For some years one of the prime materials was
> a bit cheaper because it was being manufactured within Mexico and
> there was a subsidy to incentivate market growth.. That no longer
> exists.

I mean consumer goods. Like food, housing, etc.

--
Tegger
Old January 26th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> There are some American Farmers who moved to Mexico.They are allowed to
> farm the land and grow crops and sell the crops.They are not allowed to
> own the land.

Actually, you can own land in some areas. The law does not allow you
to own land within so many kilometers of a national border, seacost, etc.
This is said to be for purposes of national security, IIRC.

You can "lease" land almost anywhere on a long term lease, renewable
and reassignable. But you never really "own" this land. No problem
unless they elect a commie president, like Obrador. In that case, you
never know what will happen.

Old January 26th 11, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Tegger" > wrote in message >
> I mean consumer goods. Like food, housing, etc.
> Tegger

Depends on where you are. In some places you can get a fine
house with tennis courts and a pool for maybe MN$2-2.5 million.
In US dollars that would be maybe $200,000.

I find food and otheritems to be mostly comparable to American
prices in the major supermarkets or Walmart, if not cheaper.
If you go to the open markets, you can probably get fresh food
for a lot less..

There is now a sort of minimum wage system. You have to pay a
minimum wage. It is not enormous but it is not slave labor either.

On the east side of the country, one is still essentially safe. Border
towns and the west coast are less secure, IMO>
Old January 26th 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Tegger" > wrote in message

> I mean consumer goods. Like food, housing, etc.
>

> --
> Tegger

Another little bit of info.. My wife and I were looking for a nice little
house up
in the mountains where it is cool. I found a nice place on the road from
Mexico DF
to Salamanca for some MN$400,000, US$ less than 40,000.
Now, my wife speaks little Spanish and is not adventurous. With the cartel
activity
as serious as it is, I could not consider to move there with her. She is
kind and trusting,
but you cannot operate in certain areas without a good bit of self
protection.

We are not moving there anytime soon. Instead looking in the east USA in
the Carolinas
or Tennessee, or perhaps in Washington Oregon area.

Old January 27th 11, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
aemeijers

On 1/26/2011 5:39 PM, hls wrote:

(snip)

> We are not moving there anytime soon. Instead looking in the east USA in
> the Carolinas
> or Tennessee, or perhaps in Washington Oregon area.

I've been to all those areas- all very pretty. Sadly, as pretty areas
tend to be, also very expensive places. 40k won't buy much. I really
like western NC, and wouldn't mind being there before my niece and
nephew become teenagers and stop thinking I am wonderful, but the
cheapest thing I found within 40 miles of them was a single-wide at the
end of a dirt road, for 130k.

Damn rich people retire and price us poor folk out of all the nice
places....

--
aem sends...
Old January 27th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"aemeijers" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/26/2011 5:39 PM, hls wrote:
>>

> (snip)
>>
>> We are not moving there anytime soon. Instead looking in the east USA in
>> the Carolinas
>> or Tennessee, or perhaps in Washington Oregon area.

> I've been to all those areas- all very pretty. Sadly, as pretty areas tend
> to be, also very expensive places. 40k won't buy much. I really like
> western NC, and wouldn't mind being there before my niece and nephew
> become teenagers and stop thinking I am wonderful, but the cheapest thing
> I found within 40 miles of them was a single-wide at the end of a dirt
> road, for 130k.
>
> Damn rich people retire and price us poor folk out of all the nice
> places....
>
> --
> aem sends...

We are not rich, but have worked our asses off and have saved and
rationed our money. I want no more big cities. I dont want any more
hot climates.

I am sure you understand.

Old January 29th 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
econo_cars

"hls" > wrote in message

> "econo_cars" >
> wrote in message ...
>>
>> "hls" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> That is not a difference in the laborers. That is a difference wages,
>>> and having low wages does not cause a poor product, nor does having
>>> high wages guarantee a good one (ref. GM).

>> They allow themselves to be abused. They are suckers.

> What would you have them do? Revolution? Elect a Commie regime??

Quite frankly they could all kill themselves, I'd not care. I care about
what affects my family and friends and country folk. There are plenty of
problems in our own area (many caused by illegals from Mexico) to worry
about.

> No, I am not misinformed..I take products made in Mexico because that is
> the
> only way I can be competitive in the world market... If I could make
> those things
> here and be competitive, I would certainly do it.

You are misinformed. The only Mexico products that you sell for cheaper than
American made or really really cheaply made crap, just like China cheap. Any
American company product made in China or Mexico that is of quality build
and material is sold here for as much as that same product was when it was
made here. The American public pays the same but America as a whole has lost
out on production taxes and labor costs going into the tax pot.

> I pay US taxes on my earnings.

So what? America lost out on the real tax collections which is found in
production costs. That's where the huge dollars come from, the same dollars
that end up paying for services, even when incompetant governments are
involved in the spending of it. Spending in America is growth in America.
Phuck everyone else.

> Soon you may all be worse off, that is true.. The reason is that the US
> government
> has sold your future to the devil, we cannot pay our indebtness any
> longer, we are
> out of money, and the US dollar is starting its fall from first reserve
> currency in the
> world to "undesirable".

BS, the mistake America has made is buying into the belief that
multiculturalism and global economy is doing anything but draining our
pockets. If I could go back in time I would go back to kill the first person
who ever brought a black slave here. Then I'd kill the idiots who didn't
return all freed slaves back to the country they were stolen from. Then I'd
kill the idiots who didn't do more to stop illegal immigration, and the ones
who let immigrants in whose value system clashed so strongly with our own,
who know expect us to pay American citizen money to fix problems in "their
country" which evidently they feel isn't America.

Econo-cars

Old January 29th 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
econo_cars

"Tegger" wrote...
> "econo_cars" wrote:
>>
>> "hls" > wrote
>> There is no difference basically between American laborers, South
>>> American laborers, European laborers.
>>>

>> Yes there is. It is called wages. If they demanded the same pay as here
>> there would be zero point in building in Mexico.
>>

> Are prices of goods the same in Mexico as they are in the US?
> --
> Tegger

Honestly I couldn't care less what Mexicans pay for the products we get
overcharged for considering the reduced labor and production costs. I'm not
interested in keeping food on Mexican's tables, I'm interested in keeping
food and quality living in America...errr maybe to now millions of Americans
that should be interested in GETTING BACK quality living.

Econo-cars