New 2011 Ford Focus SE

Old January 19th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood

Default New 2011 Ford Focus SE

Hello, all. Just purchased and took delivery of subject vehicle several
days ago after driving a 2010 low-mileage Focus rental car for a month.
My new vehicle has the Microsoft/Ford Sync system which I'm still
reading up on. So far I love the vehicle and the way it handles on the
road. Is there anything maintenance or otherwise that I should look out
for? Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
Old January 19th 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

You just bought one of the Best cars in the World.

I know a married Irish woman in England.She works for West Sussex County
Council.One of her lease cars was a 2000 Ford Focus.When it came time
for the lease company via WSCC to supply herself with another new car,
she went looking for that 2000 Ford Focus.She liked that car so much,
she wanted to buy it.
cuhulin

Old January 20th 11, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

J.B. Wood wrote:

> Hello, all. Just purchased and took delivery of subject vehicle several
> days ago after driving a 2010 low-mileage Focus rental car for a month.
> My new vehicle has the Microsoft/Ford Sync system which I'm still
> reading up on. So far I love the vehicle and the way it handles on the
> road. Is there anything maintenance or otherwise that I should look out
> for? Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Hopefully, you will have better luck with Microsoft products than
most people! Too bad they did not go with an embedded Linux.
Old January 20th 11, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
econo_cars

"J.B. Wood" wrote...
> My new vehicle has the Microsoft/Ford Sync system which I'm still reading
> up on.

Don't use any downloaded copyright music without paying for it (iTunes for
example,where the file you download is embedded with a legal use license),
especially in America for now.

Econo-cars

Old January 20th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood

On 01/19/2011 08:18 PM, sctvguy1 wrote:
> J.B. Wood wrote:
>
>> Hello, all. Just purchased and took delivery of subject vehicle several
>> days ago after driving a 2010 low-mileage Focus rental car for a month.
>> My new vehicle has the Microsoft/Ford Sync system which I'm still
>> reading up on. So far I love the vehicle and the way it handles on the
>> road. Is there anything maintenance or otherwise that I should look out
>> for? Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

> Hopefully, you will have better luck with Microsoft products than
> most people! Too bad they did not go with an embedded Linux.

Hello, and yes, I'm a big Linux fan who uses Fedora/Gnome at the office
and home. Heck, I wish I could port a Gnome desktop to Windows! The
CUPS printing system alone works better than anything in Windows IMHO.
OpenOffice (yeah it'll also run on MS Windows) ain't too bad either.

OTOH, I view the Sync system as an appliance; I'm interacting with at an
app level, not developing/debugging code. So if the app functions as
intended the underlying OS is irrelevant (except of course to app
developers - maybe that's what you were getting at). Sincerely,

--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
Old January 21st 11, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
econo_cars

"Roger Blake" > wrote in message
> On 2011-01-20, J.B. Wood > wrote:
>> Thanks, cuhulin, and the rest of you for the timely responses. The
>> Focus seems like an exceptional value for the money. Sincerely,

> And with Microsoft software onboard you can now undoubtedly enjoy mobile
> BSODs and viruses.
>
> --

LOL. Haven't heard of that yet, but many Americans have been nailed for
music piracy. They were caught via tracking by MS and that stupid Ford Sync
crapola. In the USA it is up to $20k per track stolen.

If the 2011 Focus is the European model you're probably alright, otherwise
the Focus is not a great car unless you are the type to trade in every 3-5
yrs.

Econo-cars

Old January 21st 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I have seen some Hyundai commercials on tv.The Owners manual looks sort
of like a laptop computer.

I don't ever want a new vehicle, they have gotten wayyyyyy too
complicated for me to figure out.
cuhulin, the computer dummy

Old January 22nd 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

That woman in England, when she was driving that 2000 Ford Focus lease
car, one time she said she leaned on the steering wheel and it talked to
her.It said, What do you want to do? Another time she said she was
pulling into a parking lot and the boot (trunk lid) flew open.
cuhulin