OT - Back to The Dragon tomorrow

Old September 11th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

Default OT - Back to The Dragon tomorrow

LET'S ROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

http://i38.tinypic.com/29cvyid.jpg

http://tailofthedragon.com/
Old September 11th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Just don't hit any deer while riding.
We have lots of fast curvey roads in our area but so many deer
it's just dangerous to ride them.

Randy

Old September 12th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:21:50 +0200, Shag > wrote:

> LET'S ROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/29cvyid.jpg
>
> http://tailofthedragon.com/

Enjoy!
Make shure your partner in crime is not in your brake zone.. d:-P

J.

Old September 12th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Shag" > wrote in message
> LET'S ROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/29cvyid.jpg
>
> http://tailofthedragon.com/

Lemme get this straight... you live in NC... the tail of the dragon is in
NC(yeah, yeah, i know, half of it)... and you are gonna take the bike in the
truck? WTF?

Old September 12th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Shag" > wrote in message
>> LET'S ROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
>>
>> http://i38.tinypic.com/29cvyid.jpg
>>
>> http://tailofthedragon.com/

> Lemme get this straight... you live in NC... the tail of the dragon is in
> NC(yeah, yeah, i know, half of it)... and you are gonna take the bike in the
> truck? WTF?

He has to have something to bring the bits and pieces back home.
Old September 16th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Sep 11, 10:06*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > "Shag" > wrote in message
> >> LET'S ROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *:-)

> >>http://i38.tinypic.com/29cvyid.jpg

> >>http://tailofthedragon.com/

> > Lemme get this straight... you live in NC... the tail of the dragon is in
> > NC(yeah, yeah, i know, half of it)... and you are gonna take the bike in the
> > truck? WTF?

> He has to have something to bring the bits and pieces back home.

Well, I've ridden out there and back twice so far on my bike, but the
bike I have now isn't exactly designed for a 6 hour trip on the
highway. I made it through ok this time, but can't say the same for
my friend. I was right behind him when he lost it on a HARD right
turn and plowed his bike upside down into the side of the mountain.
He's ok. His bike, "not so much" like the kids like to say these
days. I had a blast and got 90% of my mojo back after losing it when
I smashed my ankle up a year ago in a motorcycle accident. I felt
most of it (my mojo) come back as I passed a buddy doing 126 mph in a
long sweeping right-hand curve with a several-hundred-foot drop-off
just to my left. I got a reality check seconds later when another
friend passed me on the left even closer to the cliff edge. We
verified later with the speedo healer computer that he was doing 137
mph when he passed me... slowly. :-) I'm not worthy! I'm not
worthy! I finished wearing out my rear tire about 2 hours after I got
there and my front tire is bald as can be now, ready to be replaced in
a major way. Man, that was fun. Yes, I have gobs of life insurance.

Old September 16th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:04:50 +0200, Shag > wrote:

> On Sep 11, 10:06*pm, Jan Andersson >
> wrote:
>> Joey Tribiani wrote:

>> > Lemme get this straight... you live in NC... the tail of the dragon

>> is in
>> > NC(yeah, yeah, i know, half of it)... and you are gonna take the bike

>> in the
>> > truck? WTF?

>> He has to have something to bring the bits and pieces back home.

> Well, I've ridden out there and back twice so far on my bike, but the
> bike I have now isn't exactly designed for a 6 hour trip on the
> highway. I made it through ok this time, but can't say the same for
> my friend. I was right behind him when he lost it on a HARD right
> turn and plowed his bike upside down into the side of the mountain.
> He's ok. His bike, "not so much" like the kids like to say these
> days. I had a blast and got 90% of my mojo back after losing it when
> I smashed my ankle up a year ago in a motorcycle accident. I felt
> most of it (my mojo) come back as I passed a buddy doing 126 mph in a
> long sweeping right-hand curve with a several-hundred-foot drop-off
> just to my left. I got a reality check seconds later when another
> friend passed me on the left even closer to the cliff edge. We
> verified later with the speedo healer computer that he was doing 137
> mph when he passed me... slowly. :-) I'm not worthy! I'm not
> worthy! I finished wearing out my rear tire about 2 hours after I got
> there and my front tire is bald as can be now, ready to be replaced in
> a major way. Man, that was fun. Yes, I have gobs of life insurance.

Sounds like you had a ball.

I really should go out riding more, the Duc is just sitting there not
being used, a combination of living in the city and a rather stressed
riding position.
If I had the mulah I would get a more comfortable Monster instead of the
SS.

I also scare myself at times, brain freeze in turns etc. all my track
experience is with four wheels, I get the lines right but brain is a tad
overcautious.
I have been focusing on the "Not look at stationary objects, always look
in the direction you are going" bit, slowly getting better.

I was much more at ease with the very lightweight RG 250 I had previously,
especially around town, you could throw it around like a moped, very
flickable.
I recon this also has to with the fact I have probably been riding the SS
6 times since I got it running..
I got to the stage where I knew when the rear was letting go on the RG,
not so at all with the SS.

Another thing with the RG 250 was the fact it almost felt part of your
body, the mass of the SS does not feel comfortable as of yet.

Something else I experienced with the RG was the fact I felt way more
comfortable and drove faster after a couple of beers, that tells me a lack
of seat time, since you relax more after a slight alcohol intake.

A friend of mine rides a SS of the same vintage, and he praises the bike,
his previous bike was a Honda V-twin(Sport, not cruiser) with a
designation which I cannot remember, he never had a lightweight "race
replica" like the RG.

So, more or less I blame the uncomfy bit on lack of seat experience.
I would recommend anyone to try out a RG, RGV 250 or the more modern
Aprillia SP250 though, you quickly grow horns on them things.

J.

Old September 17th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

I just found out ome of my customers was running his manx style dune
buggie up and down the dragon last weekend. (gold metal flake color)

He said the 2000 chevy seats and kadron powered 1641Dp made the
dragon a blast.

Old September 17th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Shut the **** up, you ****ing liar.
Old September 17th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Sep 17, 7:45*am, " > wrote:
> I just found out ome of my customers was running his manx style dune
> buggie up and down the dragon last weekend. (gold metal flake color)
>
> He said the *2000 chevy seats and kadron powered 1641Dp made the
> dragon a blast.

I didn't see the car, but that does explain the huge chunks of gold
metal-flake colored bondo littered up and down the dragon that
everyone was having to dodge. They must have fallen off of the car as
he drove it along the road.

Tail of the Dragon John McGaw Mazda 3 February 16th 08 01:33 PM
Back in a week...Texas trip tomorrow. MLOM Driving 1 December 25th 06 07:35 PM
The dreaded 156 comes back tomorrow R D S Alfa Romeo 6 December 3rd 06 05:59 PM
OT Tail Of The Dragon Shag VW air cooled 43 November 2nd 05 03:50 PM