Mr. Jim Adney!!!

Old August 31st 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
applefr3ak

Default Mr. Jim Adney!!!

Holy Cow!! Jim!! Long time no talk!! Didnt know u were on this list
too Hows the T3 World???? Im getting ready to install oe FI back
onto my friends Squareback.. Hes having too much trouble with his dual
webers.. Wish me luck!! Say hi to Kieth and John for me!

Jason Cornfeld
Old September 3rd 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Adney

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 04:15:09 -0700 (PDT) applefr3ak
> wrote:

>Holy Cow!! Jim!! Long time no talk!! Didnt know u were on this list
>too Hows the T3 World???? Im getting ready to install oe FI back
>onto my friends Squareback.. Hes having too much trouble with his dual
>webers.. Wish me luck!! Say hi to Kieth and John for me!

Nice to hear from you Jason. We miss you over on the Type 3 email
list, where I tend to spend most of my time.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Old September 3rd 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

That,d be an interesting yarn on how to fit an FI system back onto the
Squareback. Is it the original Bosch system as in the fastbacks ( in
Australia FI was only ever fitted to the Fastback TLE) or a FI system as
fitted to Mexican Beetles?. After you,ve driven FI cars you realise what a
compromise carby induction is, even the twin PDSIT,s..
My TLE started hot or cold, gave 38 mpg on a trip, idled smoothly, no flat
spots. Admittedly it cracked heads due to I suspect running too lean but you
cant have it all eh?. Fixed it after a while by disconnecting temp sensor
which made computer think engine was cold, ran a bit richer. Always had it
in the back of my mind to go back to FI but Mrs always seems to have other
priorities--- like eating
John
..

Old September 4th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
applefr3ak

On Sep 3, 4:24*am, "John" > wrote:
> That,d be an interesting yarn on how to fit an FI system back onto the
> Squareback. Is it the original Bosch system as in the fastbacks ( in
> Australia FI was only ever fitted to the Fastback TLE) or a FI system as
> fitted to Mexican Beetles?. After you,ve driven FI cars you realise what a
> compromise carby induction is, even the twin PDSIT,s..
> My TLE started hot or cold, gave 38 mpg on a trip, idled smoothly, no flat
> spots. Admittedly it cracked heads due to I suspect running too lean but you
> cant have it all eh?. *Fixed it after a while by disconnecting temp sensor
> which made computer think engine was cold, ran a bit richer. Always had it
> in the back of my mind to go back to FI but Mrs always seems to have other
> priorities--- like eating
> * * * * * * * * * *John
> .

The injection i would be putting in is the Same as the fastback, and i
believe here in the US The squareback had fuel injection too. The
injection i am to be putting back in is from the square, a PO just
previously ripped it out. The only snag i have run into right now is
that the wiring harness looks like he went on a wire cutting
frenzy.... so i may have to go find a new harness somewhere or make my
own.. i much rather just buy another one though. Hey Jim, Got a Spare
harness for a 70?

Jason
Old September 6th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Adney

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:38:23 -0700 (PDT) applefr3ak
> wrote:

>The injection i would be putting in is the Same as the fastback, and i
>believe here in the US The squareback had fuel injection too. The
>injection i am to be putting back in is from the square, a PO just
>previously ripped it out. The only snag i have run into right now is
>that the wiring harness looks like he went on a wire cutting
>frenzy.... so i may have to go find a new harness somewhere or make my
>own.. i much rather just buy another one though. Hey Jim, Got a Spare
>harness for a 70?

The FI for squares and fastys are the same in the same year. For your
'70 you need parts from any 70 or 71 that came with the same tranny,
MT or AT, as yours.

I probably have a decent used '70 FI harness, but they're not cheap.
It's worthwhile to repair yours, but you need to do it carefully. No
fair just twisting the wires together and covering it with Scotch
tape. ;-p

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Old September 9th 08, 07:38 AM
llh11456 llh11456 is offline
Junior Member

Cool MONEY-RUNESCAPE.net

we'll tell you that runescape money you were born in Britain's last Asian colony in the lunar year of the pig and that when we brought you home, the staff of our apartment block gathered to wish you well. We Chinese runescape gold love boys. One man said you were the first baby to be born in the block in the year of the pig. This, he told us, was good Feng Shui, in runescape power leveling other words a positiveRunescape Gold sign for the building and everyone who lived there.