Chaining up the compact car

Old January 28th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Chaining up the compact car

How am I supposed to do this? I've been practicing on the small car
FWD and have gotten faster at it. But when it's -30 outside I need
some rubber gloves to protect the hands. The probem with that is I
need to be able to feel what is going on back there behind the tire.
The cable needs to be threated together somehow and I need to feel it
with the skin in order to know how it all hooks up underneath all of
that.

Anyone here have any noteworthy suggestion?

East-

Old January 29th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Bongo Fury" wrote

> Move further south.

That would be foolish, just think how much chain would be needed to reach
the north.

Old January 29th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> How am I supposed to do this? I've been practicing on the small car
> FWD and have gotten faster at it. But when it's -30 outside I need
> some rubber gloves to protect the hands. The probem with that is I
> need to be able to feel what is going on back there behind the tire.
> The cable needs to be threated together somehow and I need to feel it
> with the skin in order to know how it all hooks up underneath all of
> that.
>
> Anyone here have any noteworthy suggestion?

Buy a chain that does not have any adjustment on the back of the tire, like
this Laclede alpine chain, sells for about 79.99 at your local Checker
store, every chain company offers something similar. If the price is too
high for you, then enjoy your suffering, that's what shopping for price only
gets you.
http://laclede.icommercesolutions.co.../passtable.php

Bernard.

Old January 29th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> How am I supposed to do this? I've been practicing on the small car
> FWD and have gotten faster at it. But when it's -30 outside I need
> some rubber gloves to protect the hands. The probem with that is I
> need to be able to feel what is going on back there behind the tire.
> The cable needs to be threated together somehow and I need to feel it
> with the skin in order to know how it all hooks up underneath all of
> that.
>
> Anyone here have any noteworthy suggestion?
>

> East-

Yeah, it's called snow tires. Some people prefer ice tires. In worst case
scenario, try studded snow tires. Sheesh. -Dave

2000 316i SE compact X reg Richard Clarke BMW 0 November 2nd 05 05:57 PM
318 TI SPORT COMPACT marka BMW 2 April 17th 05 04:23 PM
BMW 316i Compact engine query RS990 BMW 3 December 10th 04 05:31 PM
WTB - Audi TT compact spare VW R32 VW water cooled 0 October 17th 04 05:38 AM
FS: 2004 "LOWRIDER" Euro Custom Compact Cars Calendar with Poster J.R. Sinclair General 0 June 28th 04 05:32 AM