Smallest current production vehicle

Old January 27th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Smallest current production vehicle

wrote:
> What is the smallest production vehicle of today? Mini-compact or so?
> Is it the mini-cooper, Aveo, or the Accent?

I would imagine the Lotus Elise.

> The mini-cooper might be small in size but it probably weighs more than
> the Accent.
>
> I wonder what is the cheapest car to own and drive. It's probably the
> Hyundai Accent.

Whatever you have now...

nate

Old January 27th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> But I'm talking about the "smallest car" that can be bought brand new
> right now in the United States.
>

> East-

Scion (Toyota) xA???????????????????? -Dave

Old January 27th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
Pooh Bear > wrote:

wrote:

>> But I'm talking about the "smallest car" that can be bought brand new
>> right now in the United States.

>I'd forgotten that it's not currently available in the US. Apparently ( I
>read that ) Mercedes are scared of diluting their upmarket brand image
>by selling it in the US. Go north of the border and you'll find one !

I saw a Smart in Lincoln, Mass. a month or two ago. I was stopped
at the traffic light on Route 2 and it crossed in front of me on
Bedford Street. I don't know how it got there.

--
John Carr )
Old January 27th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Mike T." > wrote in
reenews.net:

> wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> But I'm talking about the "smallest car" that can be bought brand new
>> right now in the United States.
>>

>> East-
>>

> Scion (Toyota) xA???????????????????? -Dave

I saw a tiny Mercedes Smart in my apartment parking lot a coupla weeks ago.
(it had Florida plates.)
I would be afraid of driving it on any interstate highway,the wheelbase was
so short.
It reminded me of a Honda 600 automobile.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...tcabriolet.htm

According to the article,the new Mini Cooper was the smallest before the
"Smart".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old January 27th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Mike T." > wrote in
> reenews.net:
>

> > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> But I'm talking about the "smallest car" that can be bought brand new
> >> right now in the United States.
> >>

> >> East-
> >>

> > Scion (Toyota) xA???????????????????? -Dave
> >

> I saw a tiny Mercedes Smart in my apartment parking lot a coupla weeks ago.
> (it had Florida plates.)
> I would be afraid of driving it on any interstate highway,the wheelbase was
> so short.

Quite dangerous given the size of many cars on the road in the U.S. I
thought of many earlier motorized roller skates like the Subaru 360,
Fiat 500, Isetta when I first saw the Smart Car in Italy.

I believe the Smart is being sold to Californians as we write for
upwards of $25k....

Old January 27th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Quite dangerous given the size of many cars on the road in the U.S. I
> thought of many earlier motorized roller skates like the Subaru 360,
> Fiat 500, Isetta when I first saw the Smart Car in Italy.
>
> I believe the Smart is being sold to Californians as we write for
> upwards of $25k....
>
>> It reminded me of a Honda 600 automobile.
>>
>> http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...tcabriolet.htm

I guess you didn't read about the crash test results. It does pretty well
in crash tests, compared to other, larger, vehicles. -Dave