NYC -> Seattle

Old January 27th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default NYC -> Seattle

I have driven in both Seattle and San Diego. San Diego is terrible.
Especially once it rains since So.Californians simply do not know how
to drive in the rain. Seattle is much more consistant since it rains
there all the time.

East-

Old January 27th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"SD Dave" > wrote in message
> On 26 Jan 2006 20:37:49 -0800, wrote:
>
>>I have driven in both Seattle and San Diego. San Diego is terrible.

> So you say, my friends who have lived in both disagree. Maybe buy a
> map next time.
>
>>Especially once it rains since So.Californians simply do not know how
>>to drive in the rain. Seattle is much more consistant since it rains
>>there all the time.

> It rained here in SD 8 days in the first year I lived here. A trick:
> call in sick if it rains, or take the trolley.
>
> Dave Hogan

How true as I live Seattle and what a joke this place is. Even though it
rains here quite a bit, it still takes them 3-4 days of rain to figure out
how to drive in the rain again. Just check out WS DOT traffic flow maps and
see how good puget sound area is to drive in.

Also it takes them forever to figure out that a green light means go, not
wait for 5 seconds and then go. I know what you are all going to say as
they are making sure no one is running a red light and 90% of the time you
can figure that out in about 1/2 a sec.

I lived in So Cal and they are not much better either.

We need to get all drivers in the US educated on how to drive and I think
they should introduce the German driving and written test over here. Then
we could have autobahns, 90% yield signs instead 90% stop signs and
roundabouts at appropriate locations instead of traffic lights, then we
should be able to get somewhere instead of waiting in traffic 90% of the
time.

Old January 27th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Are you supporting 4 way yield intersection in low to medium density
residential neighborhoods?

East-

Old January 28th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Are you supporting 4 way yield intersection in low to medium density
> residential neighborhoods?
>

> East-

Yes.

Old January 28th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

News wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Are you supporting 4 way yield intersection in low to medium density
> > residential neighborhoods?
> >

> > East-
> >

> Yes.

That is going to kill a lot of people!

Old January 28th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> wrote in message
>

> .....Seattle is a city that has
> consistently been seriously underrated.

Yeah..... if you're in love with rain, pretentious coffee shops, left-wing
politicians, more rain, and -- oh! did I mention rain?

Old January 28th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

John Gaquin wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >

> > .....Seattle is a city that has
> > consistently been seriously underrated.

> Yeah..... if you're in love with rain, pretentious coffee shops, left-wing
> politicians, more rain, and -- oh! did I mention rain?

Gets less rain per year than NYC.

Pretentious coffee shops? You mean the clientele, right? Or if you
mean Starbucks, I can't imagine a more mainstream sort of thing. Sorta
like McCoffee, really.

Left-wing politicians? Yeah, plenty of them. Just slightly more than
right-wing wackos. Got that flavor there, too.

E.P.