Buy/Drive a new Chinese car?

Old January 30th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Buy/Drive a new Chinese car?

In article . com>,
John S. > wrote:

>You my friend are destined to end up an economic loser just like the
>many american companies after WWII when the Japanese were
>underestimated. You can keep burying your head in the sand and
>muttering about the chiese making sloppy poor quality goods. But if
>they are so bad, then why are people buying them.

Because they're cheap.
Old January 30th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Matthew T. Russotto wrote:
> In article . com>,
> John S. > wrote:
> >
> >You my friend are destined to end up an economic loser just like the
> >many american companies after WWII when the Japanese were
> >underestimated. You can keep burying your head in the sand and
> >muttering about the chiese making sloppy poor quality goods. But if
> >they are so bad, then why are people buying them.

> Because they're cheap.

So you apparently have an insight into not only the quality of chinese
goods but the motivations that cause millions of people to buy chinese
goods. Don't you find it strange that so few others hold your view?
It certainly seems likely that your view doesn't really correspond to
the reality most people experience.

Old January 30th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article . com>,
John S. > wrote:

>Matthew T. Russotto wrote:
>> In article . com>,
>> John S. > wrote:
>> >
>> >You my friend are destined to end up an economic loser just like the
>> >many american companies after WWII when the Japanese were
>> >underestimated. You can keep burying your head in the sand and
>> >muttering about the chiese making sloppy poor quality goods. But if
>> >they are so bad, then why are people buying them.

>> Because they're cheap.

>So you apparently have an insight into not only the quality of chinese
>goods but the motivations that cause millions of people to buy chinese
>goods.

Yes. It's not rocket science.

Old January 30th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article . com>, John S. wrote:

> Matthew T. Russotto wrote:
>> In article . com>,
>> John S. > wrote:
>> >
>> >You my friend are destined to end up an economic loser just like the
>> >many american companies after WWII when the Japanese were
>> >underestimated. You can keep burying your head in the sand and
>> >muttering about the chiese making sloppy poor quality goods. But if
>> >they are so bad, then why are people buying them.

>> Because they're cheap.

> So you apparently have an insight into not only the quality of chinese
> goods but the motivations that cause millions of people to buy chinese
> goods. Don't you find it strange that so few others hold your view?
> It certainly seems likely that your view doesn't really correspond to
> the reality most people experience.

Most people haven't worked in product design, development, or other
engineering and manufacturing roles and personally experienced the
difference between making something in China vs. USA,Europe,and Japan.