Group Buy: GPS Receiver LGSF 3000-Buying Group

Old January 16th 09, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
WOM

Default Group Buy: GPS Receiver LGSF 3000-Buying Group

GPS Receiver LGSF3000 is Taiwan made GPS Receiver, OEM, ODM GPS
receiver, Ready-Market Group Buying Service guaranteed factory prices
and flexible quantity. Bluetooth GPS receiver LGSF3000 - compact
design with internal passive antenna, bluetooth wireless technology
and build in flash based firmware.

Here are some statistics of LGSF3000

* Channels£º20 channels all-I ¨Cview tracking
* Support Standard£ºNMEA-0183
* Hot start£º1s (average)
* Warm start£º38s (average)
* Cold start£º42s (average)
* Acceleration£º4g max..
* Altitude©U18000m max..
* Reacquisition©U100ms
* Velocity©U515m/s max..
* Position accuracy©U10m 2DRMS
* Reacquisition Time©U1 microsecond synchronized to GSP time
* 2.2.4 Bluetooth specification
* Wireless requirement Compatible with Bluetooth devicesv1.1 v1.2
v2.0
* Bluetooth standard all transmission standard w/ extend standard
SCO
* Bluetooth profile Serial Port Profile (SPP)
* Frequency range 2.4 GHz public free channel ISM
* Transmission range (by open space) 10m (30feet)
* Input sensitivity < -85dBm

Contact Ready-Market to get more information about Group Buying
Service

http://gps-receiver.ready-online.com..._LGSF2000.html
Old January 16th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Jan 16, 10:50*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> I know this is off-topic, but I just gotta ask: what is the psychology
> behind this "group buy" thing?
>
> I see this a lot on the automotive message fora I frequent: some
> vendor will offer a "group buy" on some silly little item that nobody
> needs, like a "Window Valet"
>
> http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...ead.php?t=3080
>
> This particular one offers $15 off if 10 or more people order, and
> this number was achieved with no problem. In fact, I can't recall any
> examples where the quota on a group buy was NOT met.
>
> I find it difficult to believe that there were 10 people just sitting
> around waiting for the price of the Window Valet to drop by $15 so
> they could afford to buy one. It's far more likely that the group buy
> format stimulates impulse buying behavior somehow, but how? What is it
> about the group buy that gets people to buy? Some kind of herd
> mentality, perhaps?
>
> In message
> >,
>
> WOM > wrote:
>
> FOAD, SPAMmer.

I've actually seen group buys on useful stuff, e.g. performance
suspension parts etc. through VW or Porsche centric forums. Also one
of the Stude club guys put together a deal where he'd commission a run
of aluminum single-plane intakes, although that's been going on two
years or more now and just now finally it looks like some product may
be finally produced...

nate