New Jeep Pick-Up truck does exist

Old September 2nd 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default New Jeep Pick-Up truck does exist

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:28:40 GMT, c > wrote:

>http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/gladiator.html
>
>It /does/ exist:
>

>http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/...ere-290280.php
>

>http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/0.../gladiator.htm
>

>http://www.bc4x4.com/inthenews/default.cfm?ID=97

Notice though that you're posting pix & article on TWO different
concepts; the JT and the Gladiator.

All the articles on the Gladiator , including my pix from wiki, are
dated 2005. And nothing since that I know of. <Alas!>.

The JT is the concept vehicle I ref'd in my original post. You can
even see the truckbed-mounted spare in several pictures. You'd
probably get more practical space in a TJ by just taking the rear
seat out completely, IMHO.

FWIW, I've heard the JT may go into production as a sort of
4X4er's " toy" pickup. I wish it well and I'm sure it will attract
its' share of buyers but it is not built for practical transport.

Again, IMHO, I feel that no matter how much you trick out a Jeep
and especially a TJ (CJ, Wrangler, whatever), part of its core appeal
will be the combination of fun *and* practicality. The TJ is both a
Fun and Practical way to move 2-4 people over any combo of Highway,
mud, boulders, and whatever. But a JT is a TOY because it tries to
look like a pick-up but can move little if any cargo and only two
people. The Gladiator is a good concept, the JT is a bad one.

Just my two cents worth,

Andrew

P.S. I *did* enjoy your reply and the articles. Thx.!
Old September 3rd 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

On Sep 2, 3:33*pm, wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:28:40 GMT, c > wrote:
>
> >http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/gladiator.html

> >It /does/ exist:

> >http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/...jeep-pickup-tr...

> >http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/0.../gladiator.htm

> >http://www.bc4x4.com/inthenews/default.cfm?ID=97

> Notice though that you're posting pix & article on TWO different
> concepts; the JT and the Gladiator.
>
> All the articles on the Gladiator , including my pix from wiki, are
> dated 2005. And nothing since that I know of. <Alas!>.
>
> The JT is the concept vehicle I ref'd in my original post. You can
> even see the truckbed-mounted spare in several pictures. You'd
> probably get more practical space in a TJ by just taking the rear
> seat out completely, IMHO.
>
> FWIW, I've heard the JT may go into production as a sort of
> 4X4er's " toy" pickup. I wish it well and I'm sure it will attract
> its' share of buyers but it is not built for practical transport.
>
> Again, IMHO, I feel that no matter how much you trick out a Jeep
> and especially a TJ (CJ, Wrangler, whatever), part of its core appeal
> will be the combination of fun *and* practicality. The TJ is both a
> Fun and Practical way to move 2-4 people over any combo of Highway,
> mud, boulders, and whatever. But a JT is a TOY because it tries to
> look like a pick-up but can move little if any cargo and only two
> people. The Gladiator is a good concept, the JT is a bad one.
>
> Just my two cents worth,
>
> Andrew
>
> P.S. I *did* enjoy your reply and the articles. Thx.!

I agree with this statement.

I have 2 kids and a wife. My wife usually won't wheel with me, but
the kids sure do. I can carry 4 people (including myself), with all
the goods for fishing, camping and wheelin with my cargo rack sitting
up above. To each his own. Although I will say the recent article of
restoring a mil spec 1/4 ton trailer sounds easy to pull off for a
base camp of 'junk' too.

Care and luck,

New Jeep Pick-Up truck does exist c[_3_] Jeep 0 September 2nd 08 02:28 AM
New Pick-Up Truck Site CG-P Driving 0 August 25th 05 03:43 PM
New Pick-Up Truck Site CG-P 4x4 0 August 25th 05 03:42 PM
Most reliable pick up truck? Dukester Technology 6 June 23rd 05 03:53 AM