Tech: 1994 Accord w/ power door locks. Can't open the door

Old September 20th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Default Tech: 1994 Accord w/ power door locks. Can't open the door

A 94 Accord Dx with power locks. The power door lock actuator is
broken, and we are unable to unlock the drivers door. Pulling on the
door lock with pliers does nothing. Is their a trick to opening the
door? We've taken what panels we can get off, but can't reach the
actuator.

Thanks
Chas

Old September 20th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Noozer

"m6onz5a" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>A 94 Accord Dx with power locks. The power door lock actuator is
> broken, and we are unable to unlock the drivers door. Pulling on the
> door lock with pliers does nothing. Is their a trick to opening the
> door? We've taken what panels we can get off, but can't reach the
> actuator.

Uhm... put the key in the door and turn?

Old September 22nd 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Sep 20, 4:47 am, "Noozer" > wrote:
> "m6onz5a" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> >A 94 Accord Dx with power locks. The power door lock actuator is
> > broken, and we are unable to unlock the drivers door. Pulling on the
> > door lock with pliers does nothing. Is their a trick to opening the
> > door? We've taken what panels we can get off, but can't reach the
> > actuator.

> Uhm... put the key in the door and turn?

Uhm, why didn't I think of that. Geez

Let me clarify. The door lock acutator is frozen preventing the
linkage from moving. The key will break if we try that.

Old November 23rd 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AWN[_3_]

I don't know how prestine your car is but I have had the same issue with an
older Nissan. You can try pulling on the door frame itself or heat up your
key, spray graphite in the cylinder. I once had this problem when I was
with a friend so we backed my truck next to his car's driver door lock and
let it idle. The exhaust thawed the cylinder in maybe 15min. Yes it was
wasteful but it worked. When you do finally get in, spray the latch,
hinges, etc with either white lithium or motor oil (I believe the manuf
suggests motor oil on the latch). Powedered graphite in the cylinder itself
is your friend.

Good luck.
Andrew.

On 9/22/07 8:00 AM, in article
, "m6onz5a"

Power Door Locks Gyzmologist Dodge 3 June 12th 07 07:22 PM
99 Accord EX power door locks on ignition power? ravashaak Honda 4 June 1st 07 03:12 AM
Power Door Locks-Can open but not lock Swift1 Ford Explorer 2 August 29th 06 12:54 PM
Help - Power Door Locks Ben Saturn 3 January 20th 05 07:22 PM
90 Accord and broken power door locks Eric Hollins Honda 4 October 23rd 04 11:59 PM