2005 Honda Odyssey

Old October 11th 04, 11:18 PM
Robert

The problem with the $49.95 device is, and I'm quoting from the web
site you referenced
(http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html ) :

"The HON98-AUX is NOT compatible the vehicles with navigation systems
or with vehicles that have the in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer."
I do not have NAV or the RES but I do have the in-dash 6 disc OEM
changer.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

James

http://www.installer.com/aux/ the device lists for $69.95.

http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapte...03-pc-son.html

Old October 12th 04, 12:49 AM

Robert > wrote:
> The problem with the $49.95 device is, and I'm quoting from the web
> site you referenced
> (http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html ) :

> "The HON98-AUX is NOT compatible the vehicles with navigation systems
> or with vehicles that have the in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer."
> I do not have NAV or the RES but I do have the in-dash 6 disc OEM
> changer.

You didn't say that you had the external CD changer.

Maybe I misunderstood the phrase "no-external-changer" in the URL that you
posted initially.

>>> http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapte...03-pc-son.html

I don't see any qualifier for the PC-SON on that page that says that it
will work with the Honda external changer, although it is noted on the
logjam site.

---

Old October 12th 04, 02:03 PM
Robert

I don't have an external changer (not really sure what that is). I
have a stock 2005 Odyssey Touring. It comes standard with a 6 cd
changer built-in from the factory.

Old October 13th 04, 09:51 PM

Elmo P. Shagnasty > wrote:
> I wouldn't bet against the cassette adapter itself, in my opinion.
> Maybe the cassette receiver is a problem, but not the adapter.

I don't see why they should be a problem. You ought to be able to induce
magnetics that are equal to or superiror than the oxide sliding by in a
real cassette. But that doesn't seem to be the case. In my Dodge, it just
has a little high pitched noise that I don't hear when playing an actual
cassette. In my son's Volkswagen with their Monsoon sound system, the high
pitched noise is quite annoying. I thought it might be doing a Dolby
decode on a non-Dolby source, which would brighten the highs, but it seems
to be an extra noise, not associated with the music per se.

The other thing is that in order to work with auto-reversing decks, there
is some moving widget in the adpater which rattles and scrapes annoyingly.

In the VW, that didn't work, and the deck would reverse every once in a
while, less than a minute.

I also have a Belkin FM transmitter. When the music is quiet, the radio is
not. There is always hash. Blekin TuneCast Mobile FM Transmitter
<http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2 01526&pcount=&Product_Id=140984>

--
---

Old October 17th 04, 04:39 AM

After researching this issue a bit more, there is not currently an
aftermarket, non oem xm tuner that integrates with the head unit. Honda
america sells an xm tuner upgrade that fully integrates with the head unit,
so you can utilze the steering wheel controls for changing stations and
volume controls. This unit is available at numerous internet honda
accessories dealer for about 425 bucks including all the necessary cables/
adapters and antenna. That said, I believe the head unit utilizes the "open
bus standard" of xm direct, but there is not currently an aftermarket
adapter similar to the ones terk sells for bmw/ mini/ gm products, but I
anticipate that there will be. These units offer substantial savings over
the one from honda. The big disadvantage in the oem units is their lack of
portability between vehicles. As much as I like the idea of an integrated
unit, I'm leaning towards the roady for its portability.

Who manufactures the head unit on the new hondas?.. The design does not
encourage a swap, that's for certain. Does anyone know for certain if it
uses the xm direct open bus standard?

Thanks for all the replies on this question.

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle Audi 36 February 22nd 05 02:32 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 07:35 PM
2005 Honda Accord stock radio inquiry dansisler Honda 3 October 1st 04 05:52 AM
99 Honda Odyssey NET Honda 3 September 29th 04 02:15 AM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM