Rear brake light replacement in 2002 Odyssey

Old February 16th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
PlainBill

Default Rear brake light replacement in 2002 Odyssey

One of the rear brake lights in my wife's '02 Odyssey isn't working.
The owners manual seems to be quite clear on how to remove the tail
light assembly and replace the bulb. (Use a flat screwdriver to open
the covers, remove the screws, and slide the assembly back from the
body).

The covers lift easily, the screws come out, and the tail light
assembly moves freely in most directions - except back. The manual is
not clear on the front mount point. It looks like it is a stud
possibly into a rubber grommet. I DON'T want to break anything doing
this, so I've been cautious in applying force. Does anyone have any
ideas on this?

Thanks,

PlainBill
Old February 16th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

PlainBill > wrote in
:

> One of the rear brake lights in my wife's '02 Odyssey isn't working.
> The owners manual seems to be quite clear on how to remove the tail
> light assembly and replace the bulb. (Use a flat screwdriver to open
> the covers, remove the screws, and slide the assembly back from the
> body).
>
> The covers lift easily, the screws come out, and the tail light
> assembly moves freely in most directions - except back. The manual is
> not clear on the front mount point. It looks like it is a stud
> possibly into a rubber grommet.

Yep. Exactly that.

> I DON'T want to break anything doing
> this, so I've been cautious in applying force. Does anyone have any
> ideas on this?

Pull straight back, wiggling, in the direction of the arrow. It helps if
your fingers aren't too dry and slippery. It takes a bit to make the stud
let go of the grommet. Careful now! You don't want to strip the wires when
it does let go!

When replacing the lamp, put a dab of Sil-Glyde or other silicone grease on
the stud before popping it back in place. This will aid in future removal.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

2002 BMW 325XI brake replacement [email protected] BMW 2 July 29th 06 12:59 PM
2002 Odyssey TCS light Jim Boyer Honda 2 November 17th 05 02:09 PM
2002 Town and Country LXI LWB brake pad replacement Rich Heimlich Chrysler 0 June 29th 05 04:43 AM
Odyssey rear brake light replacement? (and tires) Bob Kaplow Honda 8 November 29th 04 12:35 AM
98 Odyssey front end howl & Brake Lamp light on dash?? Griffindog Honda 2 October 14th 04 06:21 AM