carburetor boiling over

Old February 27th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brummm

Default carburetor boiling over

I have a 65 mustang with a 68 302 w/autolite 2100. when I drive the
car for about 15 min. and let it sit for about 4 min. the fuel in the
float bowl starts coming out of the main fuel feed into the intake
manifold. I have taken off the top of the carb and while this is
happening, air bubbles are coming out of the check valve in the bottom
of the float bowl(not the power valve). I have rebuilt the carb a few
times, and the carb spacer is in place. my engine runs great,never
stalls.My fuel tank,pick-up,fuel pump,filter,filter on carb inlet all
new. If I tap on the carb with a screw driver while it is happening,
it increases the amount of fuel dripping into the intake. It will
continue until the bowl is nearly empty.

Old February 28th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich

"Brummm" > wrote in news:1172591355.439041.191350@
8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

> I have rebuilt the carb a few
> times, and the carb spacer is in place.

Do you have a metal carb spacer or one of the fiber ones? The fiber spacer
is what will cure the boiling problem. If you have one of the metal spacers
that have a PCV port on the back, the fiber spacer can be installed either
under or above it. If you have a metal spacer with no port, it can be
replaced by the fiber one. Both may require the installation of different
mounting studs.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
Old March 1st 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nospam

I never knew top posting was frowned upon...

Old March 2nd 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich

"nospam" > wrote in
m:

> I never knew top posting was frowned upon...

Well, it is. In many groups, top posting will get you killfiled.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Coolant boiling off in overflow [email protected] Mazda 3 December 5th 06 04:12 AM
Radiator boiling over? Bubba Jeep 5 April 25th 06 02:34 PM
Coolant Boiling Upon Shutoff [email protected] Technology 15 December 6th 05 01:36 AM
boiling radiator! rollup Technology 12 August 22nd 05 07:25 PM
Gurgling (boiling) sounds Faithfull Dodge 1 July 4th 04 01:26 PM