I have a 84 Capri RS 5.0 and ...

Old December 29th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

Default I have a 84 Capri RS 5.0 and ...

It also has the old 4 bolt TRX wheels and Michelin tires that are
wearing thin.
I was agonizing over the thought of replacing the wheels and tires because
the Michelins, if available, are way to expensive, and no one will take the
responsibility to mount them.
My son in law has loved that car ever since he took it for a little ride, my
daughter used it to pick up her date for junior prom back around 86, and she
loves it too.
Anyway, my son in law has discovered other tire manufacturers that make
tires
that fit the TRX wheels. Yipee!
When I pull the car out of storage next year, I'll get some of those
tires and "smoke"
'em with my massive 190HP 5.0.
:-)
Happy days are here again.
Dick in MN
Old December 29th 11, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 29, 4:51*pm, Dickr > wrote:
> It also has the old 4 bolt TRX wheels and Michelin tires that are
> wearing thin.
> I was agonizing over the thought of replacing the wheels and tires because
> the Michelins, if available, are way to expensive, and no one will take the
> responsibility to mount them.
> My son in law has loved that car ever since he took it for a little ride, my
> daughter used it to pick up her date for junior prom back around 86, and she
> loves it too.
> Anyway, my son in law has discovered other tire manufacturers that make
> tires
> that fit the TRX wheels. Yipee!
> When I pull the car out of storage next year, I'll get some of those
> tires and "smoke"
> 'em with my massive 190HP 5.0.
> :-)
> Happy days are here again.
> Dick in MN

That's a neat car you have there, Dick. I too would be happy to find
tires that mount to the old original wheels. Sure you could swap
wheels from a later Fox car, but then it would lose that original
factory look.

Patrick
Old December 30th 11, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RM V2.0

"Dickr" > wrote in message
news
> It also has the old 4 bolt TRX wheels and Michelin tires that are wearing
> thin.
> I was agonizing over the thought of replacing the wheels and tires because
> the Michelins, if available, are way to expensive, and no one will take
> the
> responsibility to mount them.
> My son in law has loved that car ever since he took it for a little ride,
> my
> daughter used it to pick up her date for junior prom back around 86, and
> she
> loves it too.
> Anyway, my son in law has discovered other tire manufacturers that make
> tires
> that fit the TRX wheels. Yipee!
> When I pull the car out of storage next year, I'll get some of those tires
> and "smoke"
> 'em with my massive 190HP 5.0.
> :-)
> Happy days are here again.
> Dick in MN

What is so different about the wheels?

Old December 30th 11, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

On 12/30/2011 10:57 AM, RM V2.0 wrote:
> > wrote in message
> news
>> It also has the old 4 bolt TRX wheels and Michelin tires that are wearing
>> thin.
>> I was agonizing over the thought of replacing the wheels and tires because
>> the Michelins, if available, are way to expensive, and no one will take
>> the
>> responsibility to mount them.
>> My son in law has loved that car ever since he took it for a little ride,
>> my
>> daughter used it to pick up her date for junior prom back around 86, and
>> she
>> loves it too.
>> Anyway, my son in law has discovered other tire manufacturers that make
>> tires
>> that fit the TRX wheels. Yipee!
>> When I pull the car out of storage next year, I'll get some of those tires
>> and "smoke"
>> 'em with my massive 190HP 5.0.
>> :-)
>> Happy days are here again.
>> Dick in MN

> What is so different about the wheels?

They're metric and sizes don't correspond with typical wheels and tires
produced in the US.

Dick