Left lane slow pokes now illegal in Illinois!

Old September 20th 04, 06:48 PM
Tedd Riggs

Diode,
"Why does he come here again?"

That is something I sure could never figure out Diode. Perhaps to prove how
ignorant he is ? Getting bored with the pre-teens chat rooms on WebTV ? Or
maybe a angry person that takes his frustrations out on others to make
himself feel a false "better" or "superior" to others ? One would probably
need to ask a professional MD on that one, but can well guess.

He sure seems only to respond in one dimension, black or white. I make a
simple statement that I could out maneuver him if he hit the brakes at 60
and as he stated would have 1.5 seconds to "see the last chapter of your
life passing" and he turns that around to say that I stated I am "the best
of drivers" ?? Geez if my reaction time ever got as slow as 1.5 seconds I
would make sure I was not on the road ! And all of a sudden I am a "pig
headed person" and "too hard headed to admit to anything"
Gee most people that know me, also know that if I am wrong, I am the first
to admit it. He seems to enjoy picking fragments of a sentence out and
twisting it to his liking, but not to the fact. Also the BS about "It's your
road, right Tedd??" even after
I rather clearly stated "I have a very keen respect for proper driving. If
someone wants to play, then do it with a helmet on and at a track, better if
supervised by a pro driver, but NOT on the public streets." That kind of
says public roads since I do not own any roads other then my driveway.

I think he does not realize that sometimes age can help since in 32
years of driving and probably close to a million miles on cars and about
90,000 on motorcycles and zero accidents except for one that was a ABS
brake/Airbag defect in a new car that added me to the disabled list, my
guess is that while for sure not a "perfect driver", but have picked up a
few pointers over the many years and many countries I have driven. I am sure
the same goes for you Diode.

Besides who was the turkey that started this whole thread ? <g> Opps
that was you. But I found the thread interesting as there were many good
comments in it until one loner turned it into cutting others down.

Oh well, no logic seems to apply to our local dimwit, so not really
worth the effort unless reading them for amusement reasons. However the old
tried, but true photo says it best for this clown:
http://www.grin-reaper.com/leavenet.jpg

Off to better things. One question Diode, does the "rs" part of your
email address still work ? I tried to copy you on a Ric S. update and the
email bounced back with one of those "Delivery to the following recipients
has been delayed." replies.
Still no update on Ric, phone line is still down.
Tedd

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

. ..

Old September 20th 04, 07:44 PM
Tedd Riggs

Ken,
It should be named "Dave's Law" LOL That's a good one !

I wonder if there is a relation between "Dave's Law" and "Murphy's Law" ?
<g>

"playing Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive over 55"

I sure hope his i-Pod is low on memory (kinda hard to do on those) just
think what he could be playing ! Scary..
Steppenwolf Born to be wild
Led Z Stairway (roadway ?) to Heaven
Birds 8 miles hi
Don Mclean American Pie
Celion D. My heart will go on and on and on
Osmond's Best of
M.Jackson uhhh no comment
Madonna Like a Virgin <g>
Whoever? I wish I had a Oscar Minor wiener
Theme song Too fast, too furious (honda drivers)

Yikes this could be one long list !

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

Old September 20th 04, 07:44 PM
Tedd Riggs

Old September 20th 04, 08:53 PM
JR

Too many people stay in the left lane, just because they can.
I support the new law, free the left lane and stop the oppression!
Bush vs. Kerry(lets see-eeny-meenie-minee-mow)
JR
et...

Old September 20th 04, 08:53 PM
JR

Old September 20th 04, 10:17 PM
Diode

Tedd Riggs spoke thusly:

> "Why does he come here again?"

Tedd:

I wrote that guy off as just being an annoying putz with nothing useful
to say (about Corvettes or otherwise). Him and the SAP can go walking
off into the sunset together hand-in-hand for all I care. The RS thing
was down for a couple of hours. Of course that's when you emailed me.
Good old Murphy. I did get a message from you though, so if you only
sent one, I got it. Thanks.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 20th 04, 10:17 PM
Diode

Tedd Riggs spoke thusly:

Old September 21st 04, 05:22 AM
Tom in Missouri

From the look of things in the Pensacola area, it may be awhile before you
hear from Ric. Hope he got out of there ok and managed to get to high
ground. Even those gone inland were in trouble if they stayed in low areas.
The flooding up through Alabama and Georgia is incredible, and further still
all up into Pennsylvania.

I saw a black Corvette half buried in sand and thought about him. First
thoughts around hear was why would someone leave their Corvette out in this
mess, but from what we saw of buildings in the area, it could have been in a
building and the building has left the Corvette, so to speak.

Easy to say for him to check in, but I know having been in a similar storm
once that it could be not just a couple of days but weeks before
communications is good enough to have fun communications instead of just
essential communications.

Old September 21st 04, 05:22 AM
Tom in Missouri

From the look of things in the Pensacola area, it may be awhile before you

Old September 21st 04, 12:26 PM

'OK "dave", get the hell out of the left lane or get a ticket. '

ME: I never said that i stay in the left lane and go slow. I use the
left lane for turning left or for passing only. And on a 6 or 8 lane
Expressway, i prefer to stay in the middle or far right hand lane . It
was you who made up the story that i sit in the left lane and go slow.