cam swap w\ AC

Old April 19th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default cam swap w\ AC

89GT. how much of a nightmare is a cam swap with the AC condensor in
the way? can it be dropped enuf to get the cam in over it? without
disconnecting it? Jack up the engine? Are there any tricks to get
around it?

Thanks,
Old April 20th 08, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jimmy[_1_]

On Apr 19, 5:17 pm, wrote:
> 89GT. how much of a nightmare is a cam swap with the AC condensor in
> the way? can it be dropped enuf to get the cam in over it? without
> disconnecting it? Jack up the engine? Are there any tricks to get
> around it?
>
> Thanks,

Yes. I t can be done w/o disconnecting the lines. There have been
writeups on the web over the last 10 years or so. Sorry I don't have
any links but a google search or even looking at corral.net or 5.0
magazine archive should yield good results - pictures and
instructions. May be the full head/cam swap (I'm thinking of an
article about the holley systemax setup years ago) but that should be
good enough -

Jimmy
Old April 20th 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 20, 1:10*am, Jimmy > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 5:17 pm, wrote:
>
> > 89GT. how much of a nightmare is a cam swap with the AC condensor in
> > the way? can it be dropped enuf to get the cam in over it? without
> > disconnecting it? Jack up the engine? Are there any tricks to get
> > around it?

> > Thanks,

> Yes. I t can be done w/o disconnecting the lines. There have been
> writeups on the web over the last 10 years or so. Sorry I don't have
> any links but a google search or even looking at corral.net or 5.0
> magazine archive should yield good results - pictures and
> instructions. May be the full head/cam swap (I'm thinking of an
> article about the holley systemax setup years ago) but that should be
> good enough -
>
> Jimmy

NO WORRIES, just did an exploritory to see and it turns out the
condenser will simply rotate down with the lines still connected
leaving plenty of room to get the cam in, so thats awsome. Project ON!
Old April 21st 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Krieg Suden

> wrote in message
> 89GT. how much of a nightmare is a cam swap with the AC condensor in
> the way? can it be dropped enuf to get the cam in over it? without
> disconnecting it? Jack up the engine? Are there any tricks to get
> around it?
>
> Thanks,

you can always take it to a shop have them pump the freon out, then take it
back and get it charged up again, cost me $80 to do that when I put on a KB
blower. Just don't turn on the AC without freon in it. The AC connectors
are easy to get on and off, just a plastic thing at Auto Zone. I put the
compressor in a plastic bag for a few days. When they refill it, they pump
it down and remove any moistere that got into the system anyway. No problem
taking the AC apart.

258 swap CJ7 MrBeans Jeep 10 September 18th 07 04:58 PM
16v swap into mk2 Gl the_lower_class_brat VW water cooled 16 August 2nd 07 05:08 AM
CJ to TJ swap Crushed Red Pepper Jeep 16 January 5th 07 03:07 PM
2.0 16V Swap MicroBiz VW water cooled 2 January 4th 06 08:39 PM
HEI Swap CalgarySales Jeep 9 May 10th 05 12:09 PM