Ping Canucks: Happy Victoria Day! 1955 Ford Crown Victoria glasstop.jpg

Old May 21st 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@re Wheels[_6_]

Default Ping Canucks: Happy Victoria Day! 1955 Ford Crown Victoria glasstop.jpg

A crowned jewel.....

--
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

-- Yogi Berra

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Ford Crown Victoria glasstop.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	68045
Old May 21st 07, 04:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

""§qu@re Wheels""
<mostly_harmless@pangalactic_vector_exchange_trans ponder31_universe.net>
wrote in message news:OIi4i.204664$aG1.135800@pd7urf3no...

I always thought these were cool when I was a kid in high school. I don't
know anybody who's ever owned one but I personally have had several cars
with tinted glass sliding roofs, with an inner sliding panel in the
headliner to block off unwanted light. I'll tell you the truth - some days
I enjoy having the top open with the sky above but more often than not I'll
close it after a while so I can listen to my stereo. When I've got it
closed I always slide the inner panel forward because I can't STAND hot
sunlight beating down on me.

To have a permanent glass roof with no way to block off the sun would be
annoying. Maybe this is one of those 'neat' features that aren't.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old May 21st 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
Padraig did state:

> Maybe this is one of those 'neat' features that aren't.

That's what I've heard.....

I was talking to the owner of one, posed the obvious 'doesn't it get hot
in there?' question, and his first reaction was rolling his eyes skyward....

Now, imagine one with those delightful clear gummi-rubber plastic
seat covers; instant convection oven!

From: (via teranews)

> > Reported to:
, ,

> And they are very tired of you.

Yes, there's a bitch that replies to me, kinda telling me the
problem's with the Canadian Shaw's personnel. But prescience pays off and
long as you violate the groups charter, or just Usenet's common decency,
I'll be there to report you. You being a traitor is a especial incentive.

Old May 21st 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

From what I read about these and the Mercury and also the later Lincoln that
had this feature, the cars had a tendency to become unbearably hot inside.
This was in the days when cars like the Ford were unlikely to have air
conditioning, so I'd guess that in California they wouldn't have been all
that much fun to be in much of the time. Imagine those vinyl seats after a
couple of sunny hours. But they looked good and they had Ford's first rear
seat armrests.

max