Photo of the Federal Route 191/Interstate 10 cutoff

Old June 16th 07, 09:24 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Photo of the Federal Route 191/Interstate 10 cutoff

Hi All,

In New Mexico, you can't get much further west of State Route 338. So,
let's hop into Arizona and add some more photographs into the Worldwide
Highway Library. To compliment that video of the "191/10" cutoff video you
saw a couple weeks ago, there's now a corresponding photograph:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/us-191_i-10.html

The route is presumed to be a state highway, and spans three miles in
length. No services are available along this cutoff, so make sure you have
enough gas, foods and liquids if this is part of your long haul.

For all Arizona highway photos, spanning from Kingman to Cochise County, the
Worldwide Highway Library's Arizona collection may be worth a read:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/respository.html#az . Don't worry; angry
overweight truck-drivers from Michigan are not of its spec. After all, who
cares what American states a trucker driver has been to, unless you're that
truck driver? Rest assured, all route descriptions at the WHL are based on
logic and should help you if (or when) you decide to travel into the Grand
Canyon State.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to highway enthusiasm"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development, International
Highway Research, and Interpersonal Psychology. Has served your home
country and ninety-six of its worldwide neighbours since 2000, through
Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/calrog
********

Old June 18th 07, 02:22 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Justin Rhodes

On Jun 16, 1:24 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In New Mexico, you can't get much further west of State Route 338. So,
> let's hop into Arizona and add some more photographs into the Worldwide
> Highway Library. To compliment that video of the "191/10" cutoff video you
> saw a couple weeks ago, there's now a corresponding photograph:
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/us-191_i-10.html
>
> The route is presumed to be a state highway,

Hmmm... if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and is signed as
a US Highway, chances are it's not a state highway.

Old June 19th 07, 04:10 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Steve Riner

On Jun 17, 7:22 pm, Justin Rhodes > wrote:
> On Jun 16, 1:24 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>
> > Hi All,

> > In New Mexico, you can't get much further west of State Route 338. So,
> > let's hop into Arizona and add some more photographs into the Worldwide
> > Highway Library. To compliment that video of the "191/10" cutoff video you
> > saw a couple weeks ago, there's now a corresponding photograph:

> >http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/us-191_i-10.html

> > The route is presumed to be a state highway,

> Hmmm... if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and is signed as
> a US Highway, chances are it's not a state highway.

Last time I saw the intersection of this spur route with I-10 (1980s)
it was signed U.S. 666Y. I never actually saw such a sign on a
reassurance marker, but that's how it was marked from the freeway. I
did drive up U.S.191 from the west in the early 1990s, but from the
mainline, this spur was only marked "TO EAST I-10." So, whether it's
marked as anything from 191, and whether it still has the "Y" suffix,
can't be determined from the sole photo provided by Carl.

Steve Riner
Pueblo West CO

Explore New Mexico and Minnesota highways: http://www.steve-riner.com

Old June 19th 07, 04:20 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Justin Rhodes

On Jun 18, 8:10 pm, Steve Riner > wrote:
> On Jun 17, 7:22 pm, Justin Rhodes > wrote:
>
> > On Jun 16, 1:24 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:

> > > Hi All,

> > > In New Mexico, you can't get much further west of State Route 338. So,
> > > let's hop into Arizona and add some more photographs into the Worldwide
> > > Highway Library. To compliment that video of the "191/10" cutoff video you
> > > saw a couple weeks ago, there's now a corresponding photograph:

> > >http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/us-191_i-10.html

> > > The route is presumed to be a state highway,

> > Hmmm... if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and is signed as
> > a US Highway, chances are it's not a state highway.

> Last time I saw the intersection of this spur route with I-10 (1980s)
> it was signed U.S. 666Y. I never actually saw such a sign on a
> reassurance marker, but that's how it was marked from the freeway. I
> did drive up U.S.191 from the west in the early 1990s, but from the
> mainline, this spur was only marked "TO EAST I-10." So, whether it's
> marked as anything from 191, and whether it still has the "Y" suffix,
> can't be determined from the sole photo provided by Carl.
>
> Steve Riner
> Pueblo West CO
>
> Explore New Mexico and Minnesota highways:http://www.steve-riner.com

I'm originally from that area. IIRC, it now has a couple of
reassurance markers. It's signed US 191, but I've seen ADOT documents
that identify it as US 191Y.