Fair Price

Old April 25th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Fair Price

Looking at buying a different Mustang. I found a guy selling a 2001
GT made to basically be identical to a Saleen. It looks like one, but
isn't authentic. Here is what it has:

4.6 Supercharged V-8
Custom Exhaust (not sure on brand, hopefully Borla)
53,000 Miles
Saleen Body Kit
Leather Interior
Short Throw Shifter
Gauge Pod on Dash
Silver/Gray Color
Bullit Rims
Other extras (pedal covers etc.)

The car is in great shape, and the guy who owns it is a mechanic so it
has been well cared for.

The guy told me to make an offer. I don't know what would be a good
place to start on it. I've been looking at prices online and it seems
like GTs with similar features are selling for $10,000-12,000. This
obviously has more than a GT (Supercharger, exhaust, rims), but it
isn't a Saleen so it has to be somewhere above that I would imagine.

Thanks
Old April 26th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark M[_2_]

If you are getting a loan for this car the bank will only loan you what a GT
is worth, extras don't count much
on to the value, A saleen is worth more because it's titled as such, a clone
is just a clone, the VIN says its a GT.
I'd personally offer around 12-13K. My 2cents worth!

Mark

Old April 27th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

Chartered banks won't loan on a 7-year old vehicle. You will have to take
out a personal loan. For whatever that is worth, there you go...

I too wouldn't pay much over a GT price, maybe a little more for the add
ons, but not much - these parts aren't worth much used - maybe, I'd guess,
33% of the new price on the parts..., unless they are practically new and
you could take them off and sell them, and then what could you get, maybe
50% of new? Why would I pay 75% of the new price for a used part unless it
WAS almost new. Used, 33% is probably close, 50% max if it's in very good
shape.

Pay what it's worth to you, and if it isn't enough for him, why would you
spend more to buy it?

My 2 cents.

Brad