Looking for defroster vent cover for 82

Old December 16th 07, 03:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Eagle

Default Looking for defroster vent cover for 82

Hello,

I'm in the middle of restoring an '82 Corvette.
We're about half way through the dash. I've
not been able to find out what the center
defroster vents are supposed to be covered with
and none of my pictures from other cars show
this detail. Corvette America and Ecklers
don't appear to list such an item.

Thanks in advance,

David
Old December 16th 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Eagle" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the middle of restoring an '82 Corvette.
> We're about half way through the dash. I've
> not been able to find out what the center
> defroster vents are supposed to be covered with
> and none of my pictures from other cars show
> this detail. Corvette America and Ecklers
> don't appear to list such an item.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David

why would you cover your "center defroster vents" ?

--
'Key
=====

Old December 16th 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Eagle

> why would you cover your "center defroster vents" ?

Most cars have a grillwork to direct the airflow.
Since I don't have a comparable era car to look at
I thought the group might have an idea.

Are you implying that the dash simply covers the
ductwork and there is no grill to prevent something
from falling in?

Old December 17th 07, 02:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Looks like it's just a slit with diverters molded in. Pictures in the
link below. If you are interested, you could join and ask the guy that
disassembled the dash and took the pictures.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=89033

Old December 17th 07, 11:35 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX[_2_]

Are you talking about the plastic insert fin in the vent to direct the air?
here is a pic...

http://www.corvettejunk.com/PartImages2/dcp_3245.jpg

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old December 17th 07, 03:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

Dr. Rebuild..... !

They sell just about every small part you will ever need... I love
their Catalog... newsprint paper...no glossy pictures, no
t-shirts,hats, or other CRAP...just parts and great illustrations...

The part that" I think" you are referring to is lasted as costing
$18.25

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Convertibles
76 & 79 Coupes

Old December 17th 07, 04:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Eagle" > wrote in message
>> why would you cover your "center defroster vents" ?

> Most cars have a grillwork to direct the airflow.
> Since I don't have a comparable era car to look at
> I thought the group might have an idea.
>
> Are you implying that the dash simply covers the
> ductwork and there is no grill to prevent something
> from falling in?

my bad, I thought you wanted to cover the entire
"center defroster vents".
my 84 defroster vents are protected.

I need more coffee :-)
g'day to ya
--
'Key
=====

Old December 17th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Eagle

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:35:00 UTC, Z˜RiX > wrote:

> Are you talking about the plastic insert fin in the vent to direct the air?
> here is a pic...
>

> http://www.corvettejunk.com/PartImages2/dcp_3245.jpg

That's the part I'm searching for. I'll look up their site and
see what they have. I should get a web site set up for anyone
that wants to see a frame on restoration of a 1982 Corvette.
I've got more pictures than I know what to do with.

Thank you,

David

defroster tubes Cletus VW air cooled 11 October 6th 06 12:37 AM
A/C and Vent blowing out of defroster [email protected] Ford Mustang 3 July 5th 06 01:34 AM
AC switching to defroster on it's own. [email protected] Ford Explorer 2 June 13th 06 01:54 AM
Defroster problem... Doug Jeep 2 November 27th 05 03:24 PM
HELP: defroster-heater-vent selector J.B. Bobbitt Saturn 0 October 20th 04 10:12 PM