gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17th 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Default Tell your Congressmember to do something about it

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:
> >

> > Brent P wrote:

> >> No. CAFE must be scrapped entirely. Then the government needs to end the
> >> market protections for big oil and stop subsidizing big oil with military
> >> and foreign aid expenditures.
> >>
> >> Getting back to a free market is the only thing that can fix this mess.
> >>

> > The US didn't invade Iraq for the oil.

> To keep the taps off and drive prices up. Remember, Saddam Hussain became
> an enemy of the US when he started over pumping. It was all down hill
> from there.

Why do you just say insane things? The US through the UN was holding
Saddam's output of oil down. Meanwhile the US was begging Saudi Arabia
to pump as much as possible.

> > In any case, the cost of oil is
> > going up which should cause Americans to seek better efficiencies. That
> > is what you are claiming will work, isn't it?

> Hybrids had been selling for over sticker until production caught up....

Try responding to what I actually said. Higher prices for oil mean the
American consumer will seek higher efficiencies. These higher oil prices
are *good* for the US in the long run.

--
"There are some gals who don't like to be pushed and grabbed and lassoed
and drug into buses in the middle of the night."