Bewa The Old Lady Driving The Ford Flex

Old January 10th 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Bewa The Old Lady Driving The Ford Flex

Only a few decades ago a tweaked 5-oh Mustang running 12's was big
news, now seems even the most pedestrian rides are turning 12's.
Check out these vehicles powered by EcoBoost.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...e-%C2%BC-mile/

Patrick
Old January 10th 12, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jan 10, 1:46*am, "
> wrote:
> Only a few decades ago a tweaked 5-oh Mustang running 12's was big
> news, now seems even the most pedestrian rides are turning 12's.
> Check out these vehicles powered by EcoBoost.
>
> http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...-flex-beats-a-...
>
> Patrick

Hey.. That is MY FLEX!!!! LOL! Best run is a 13.41@103 with JUST A
TUNE! LOL! And the AWD is awesome for launching! I'm pulling 1.97 60'
and with me in the Flex it tips the scales at 5185.

You can see the dyno sheet he

http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...age_4_Plus.jpg

BTW... I love our FLEX! 8^)
Old January 10th 12, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 10, 9:21*am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Jan 10, 1:46*am, "

> > wrote:
> > Only a few decades ago a tweaked 5-oh Mustang running 12's was big
> > news, now seems even the most pedestrian rides are turning 12's.
> > Check out these vehicles powered by EcoBoost.

> >http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...-flex-beats-a-...

> Hey.. That is MY FLEX!!!! LOL!

How did you decide to tweak/race a Flex?

> Best run is a 13.41@103 with JUST A
> TUNE! LOL! And the AWD is awesome for launching! *I'm pulling 1.97 60'
> and with me in the Flex it tips the scales at 5185.

Just so you know, those numbers are extremely close to what my 1993
Cobra ran after being tweaked, and 3.55s, larger mass-air meter and
headers were installed.

> You can see the dyno sheet he

> http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...age_4_Plus.jpg

This modern stuff is ridiculously capable. Watched a show the other
night they played with [just] the software of a Chevy Suburban. It
went from running 0-60 in 8 seconds to 6. Crazy, stuff!

> BTW... I love our FLEX! 8^)

I'll bet. Have you shocked an unsuspecting street racers yet?

Patrick
Old January 10th 12, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jan 10, 6:56*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 9:21*am, "John S." > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 10, 1:46*am, "
> > > wrote:
> > > Only a few decades ago a tweaked 5-oh Mustang running 12's was big
> > > news, now seems even the most pedestrian rides are turning 12's.
> > > Check out these vehicles powered by EcoBoost.
> > >http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...-flex-beats-a-....

> > Hey.. That is MY FLEX!!!! LOL!

> How did you decide to tweak/race a Flex?
>
> > Best run is a 13.41@103 with JUST A
> > TUNE! LOL! And the AWD is awesome for launching! *I'm pulling 1.97 60'
> > and with me in the Flex it tips the scales at 5185.

> Just so you know, those numbers are extremely close to what my 1993
> Cobra ran after being tweaked, and 3.55s, larger mass-air meter and
> headers were installed.
>
> > You can see the dyno sheet he
> >http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...age_4_Plus.jpg

> This modern stuff is ridiculously capable. *Watched a show the other
> night they played with [just] the software of a Chevy Suburban. *It
> went from running 0-60 in 8 seconds to 6. Crazy, stuff!
>
> > BTW... I love our FLEX! 8^)

> I'll bet. *Have you shocked an unsuspecting street racers yet?
>
> Patrick

No street racers as I have a local race track and visit it
often.. .but yes, I have a number of very humorous stories from the
pits!! Couple off the top of my head:

Announcer at Atco: "Here comes that Ford Flex again. It ran 13.6 it's
first pass! Some one needs to go down there and check that thing out
because that thing appears to be defying the laws of physics!"

Couple guys come over in the pits and they tell me, "We have to
admit... when we saw you pull in we were LAUGHING AT YOU. We thought,
what is that guy thinking? Then you ripped off that 13.4 and we were
like, what the hell was that!!!"

Had one guy come over that I had lined up against and tell me, "you
launched so hard and took off so quick that I FORGOT TO GO!" He had
a .8xx RT! LOL

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOQ4zN3nPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uX8pP4ahc
Old January 10th 12, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 10, 1:37*pm, "John S." > wrote:
> On Jan 10, 6:56*pm, "
>

> > wrote:
> > On Jan 10, 9:21*am, "John S." > wrote:

> > > On Jan 10, 1:46*am, "
> > > Hey.. That is MY FLEX!!!! LOL!

> > How did you decide to tweak/race a Flex?

> > > Best run is a 13.41@103 with JUST A
> > > TUNE! LOL! And the AWD is awesome for launching! *I'm pulling 1.97 60'
> > > and with me in the Flex it tips the scales at 5185.

> > Just so you know, those numbers are extremely close to what my 1993
> > Cobra ran after being tweaked, and 3.55s, larger mass-air meter and
> > headers were installed.

> > > You can see the dyno sheet he
> > >http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...age_4_Plus.jpg

> > This modern stuff is ridiculously capable. *Watched a show the other
> > night they played with [just] the software of a Chevy Suburban. *It
> > went from running 0-60 in 8 seconds to 6. Crazy, stuff!

> > > BTW... I love our FLEX! 8^)

> > I'll bet. *Have you shocked an unsuspecting street racers yet?

> > Patrick

> No street racers as I have a local race track and visit it
> often.. .but yes, I have a number of very humorous stories from the
> pits!! Couple off the top of my head:
>
> Announcer at Atco: "Here comes that Ford Flex again. *It ran 13.6 it's
> first pass! Some one needs to go down there and check that thing out
> because that thing appears to be defying the laws of physics!"
>
> Couple guys come over in the pits and they tell me, "We have to
> admit... when we saw you pull in we were LAUGHING AT YOU. *We thought,
> what is that guy thinking? *Then you ripped off that 13.4 and we were
> like, what the hell was that!!!"
>
> Had one guy come over that I had lined up against and tell me, "you
> launched so hard and took off so quick that I FORGOT TO GO!" *He had
> a .8xx RT! LOL
>
> video:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOQ4zN3nPk
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uX8pP4ahc

INcredible!

You probably gave that guy with the early, cammed Camaro one hell of a
scare.

Patrick
Old January 10th 12, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 1/10/2012 09:21, John S. wrote:
> On Jan 10, 1:46 am, "
> > wrote:
>> Only a few decades ago a tweaked 5-oh Mustang running 12's was big
>> news, now seems even the most pedestrian rides are turning 12's.
>> Check out these vehicles powered by EcoBoost.
>>
>> http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...-flex-beats-a-...
>>
>> Patrick

> Hey.. That is MY FLEX!!!! LOL! Best run is a 13.41@103 with JUST A
> TUNE! LOL! And the AWD is awesome for launching! I'm pulling 1.97 60'
> and with me in the Flex it tips the scales at 5185.
>
> You can see the dyno sheet he
>
> http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...age_4_Plus.jpg
>
> BTW... I love our FLEX! 8^)

Yeah, I was going to say I didn't think that was an old "lady"
driving that thing.
Old January 10th 12, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 1/10/2012 12:56, wrote:
> On Jan 10, 9:21 am, "John > wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 1:46 am, "

>> > wrote:
>>> Only a few decades ago a tweaked 5-oh Mustang running 12's was big
>>> news, now seems even the most pedestrian rides are turning 12's.
>>> Check out these vehicles powered by EcoBoost.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-32...-flex-beats-a-...

>> Hey.. That is MY FLEX!!!! LOL!

> How did you decide to tweak/race a Flex?
>
>> Best run is a 13.41@103 with JUST A
>> TUNE! LOL! And the AWD is awesome for launching! I'm pulling 1.97 60'
>> and with me in the Flex it tips the scales at 5185.

> Just so you know, those numbers are extremely close to what my 1993
> Cobra ran after being tweaked, and 3.55s, larger mass-air meter and
> headers were installed.
>
>> You can see the dyno sheet he

>> http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...age_4_Plus.jpg

> This modern stuff is ridiculously capable. Watched a show the other
> night they played with [just] the software of a Chevy Suburban. It
> went from running 0-60 in 8 seconds to 6. Crazy, stuff!
>
>> BTW... I love our FLEX! 8^)

> I'll bet. Have you shocked an unsuspecting street racers yet?
>
> Patrick

In the video he posted not long ago there was a loping Nova and a
later model GT Mustang that were probably a little miffed, if not surprised.
Old January 10th 12, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 1/10/2012 13:37, John S. wrote:

> Had one guy come over that I had lined up against and tell me, "you
> launched so hard and took off so quick that I FORGOT TO GO!" He had
> a .8xx RT! LOL
>
> video:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOQ4zN3nPk
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uX8pP4ahc

BTW you need to find some Flow Masters, That thing sounds like a
sewing machine. I thought that was a GT Mustang, but on second listen
was it a tweaked V6??
Old January 11th 12, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jan 10, 5:51*pm, "WindsorFox<SS>" >
wrote:
> On 1/10/2012 13:37, John S. wrote:
>

> > Had one guy come over that I had lined up against and tell me, "you
> > launched so hard and took off so quick that I FORGOT TO GO!" *He had
> > a .8xx RT! LOL

> > video:

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOQ4zN3nPk

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uX8pP4ahc

> * * BTW you need to find some Flow Masters, That thing sounds like a
> sewing machine. *I thought that was a GT Mustang, but on second listen
> was it a tweaked V6??

In the race videoes my Flex has the stock exhaust... and in stock form
you can't even here the thing running... even at WOT!!! LOL! Visited
my good friend Scott Hoag at MRT and we installed their Interceptor
system on the Flex! WOOHOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmhfomjQsAI

And to give you an idea of just how restrictive the stock mufflers on
a Flex EcoBoost a

Red is stock, Blue is MRT axle back exhaust:

http://www.johnnystacks.com/gallery/...1/HP_small.jpg

I have beaten a couple of 2010+ Camaro SSs and a few 4.6 S197
Mustangs... I love going to the track on Test and Tune days, when
track prep isn't the best and the casual racer is on street tires!
LOL!

And I just love tell them, back in the pits... "Oh, this? Oh this is
just my wife's daily driver, soccer-mobile" Then I open the door and
show them the kid's booster seats and the 3rd row seats! LOL
Old January 11th 12, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jan 10, 3:38*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 1:37*pm, "John S." > wrote:
>

> > On Jan 10, 6:56*pm, "

> > > wrote:

> > > How did you decide to tweak/race a Flex?

> > > Just so you know, those numbers are extremely close to what my 1993
> > > Cobra ran after being tweaked, and 3.55s, larger mass-air meter and
> > > headers were installed.

> > > This modern stuff is ridiculously capable. *Watched a show the other
> > > night they played with [just] the software of a Chevy Suburban. *It
> > > went from running 0-60 in 8 seconds to 6. Crazy, stuff!

> > > I'll bet. *Have you shocked an unsuspecting street racers yet?

> > > Patrick

> > No street racers as I have a local race track and visit it
> > often.. .but yes, I have a number of very humorous stories from the
> > pits!! Couple off the top of my head:

> > Announcer at Atco: "Here comes that Ford Flex again. *It ran 13.6 it's
> > first pass! Some one needs to go down there and check that thing out
> > because that thing appears to be defying the laws of physics!"

> > Couple guys come over in the pits and they tell me, "We have to
> > admit... when we saw you pull in we were LAUGHING AT YOU. *We thought,
> > what is that guy thinking? *Then you ripped off that 13.4 and we were
> > like, what the hell was that!!!"

> > Had one guy come over that I had lined up against and tell me, "you
> > launched so hard and took off so quick that I FORGOT TO GO!" *He had
> > a .8xx RT! LOL

> > video:

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOQ4zN3nPk

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uX8pP4ahc

> INcredible!
>
> You probably gave that guy with the early, cammed Camaro one hell of a
> scare.
>
> Patrick

LOL! Yeah, didn't actually get to talk to that guy... but i'm
thinking he was at least majorly surprised... What I love is the guys
that give up! Had it happen a couple of times. For some unknown
reason cutting good lights in the Flex is very easy, so I get the jump
at the tree, pull a descent 60' and next thing you know I'm out
front... get to the 1000' and they realize they can't catch me and
they give up! You can see it in the timeslips! LOL

2009 Ford Flex Ad Vintage Auto Photos 0 January 19th 09 09:50 PM
Flex = New Explorer? CWLee Ford Explorer 1 August 24th 08 01:57 PM
Ford Flex for 2009 guest Auto Photos 2 April 6th 07 02:04 AM
BEWARE DRIVING ILLINOIS Arif Khokar Driving 3 February 28th 06 01:07 AM
BEWARE DRIVING ILLINOIS Thomas Avery Driving 0 February 25th 06 11:21 AM