1999 Limited

Old August 20th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Superj

Default 1999 Limited

I have a 1999 Limited with 125K miles! It still runs!
Old August 20th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Beryl[_5_]

Superj wrote:
> I have a 1999 Limited with 125K miles! It still runs!

Which is remarkable because YOU have it?
Old August 21st 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Ping Anthony Giorgianno.... he has a 92 with something like a gazillion
miles on it... Well... that may be a wee bit of an exaggeration - but it is
a few... Many others that have come and gone (and some still here) have more
than that on their Exploders and they are still going strong.

The Ex? I think it is a cult classic... Yes, when I gas up the SuperCrew, I
miss the 92.....

Old August 21st 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
sparky01

I just recently traded in a 1999 Explorer Limited. Pearl White and "still
cherry"! Only had 89325 miles on it. Just had a desire for something newer.
Traded for a 2006 Explorer Limited. World of difference in the ride !!

Sparky

Old August 21st 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Superj

Superj wrote:
> I have a 1999 Limited with 125K miles! It still runs!

So, there are still newsgroups. I thought they had all died.

Old August 21st 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Beryl[_5_]

Superj wrote:
> Superj wrote:
>> I have a 1999 Limited with 125K miles! It still runs!

> So, there are still newsgroups. I thought they had all died.

My sister's '97 Sport has a few more miles than your '99, still runs
well. Failed its last smog check, but a spray can of MAF cleaner from
NAPA Auto Parts solved that.

Dad's'98 XLT has around 97K miles, runs great.
I think the fuel pump was replaced once.
Crudely installed windshield cracked down the middle, replaced on our
nickel.
A couple springs broke inside the driver's door a few years ago, leaving
the handle and lock inoperable. Fixed with one spring I found in a junk
box. No big deal, but I noticed an improperly installed retainer clip on
part of the linkage while I was in there.
A few flaws in the sheetmetal and paint. Front bumper was mounted
off-center.
So, a bit of careless workmanship on the '98, but it's been a good vehicle.
Old August 26th 10, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Al Williams

My 98 Eddie Bauer is still going at 110,000 miles. Biggest repair was
replacing an incorrectly installed air conditioning manifold that had rubbed
on something and leaked. Next would be the upper/lower manifold gaskets.
Finally two of the door locks (bad springs). All common issues (except the
first one). Fairly reliable overall, still on the "recall" tires too!
Tranny is starting to shift strangely though (hard/delayed 2-3 shift) so it
may be time to replace it soon...

--
Allan Williams

Old September 22nd 10, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jack[_20_]

Superj wrote:

> I have a 1999 Limited with 125K miles! It still runs!

BFD. So does mine.

Jack