To clean valves

Old June 1st 05, 07:34 PM
Scar

Default To clean valves

What should I use to clean noisy valves ? Is it save for engine to use it .
Plymouth Acclaim 92 , 3.0L 260K km. ( runs well )

Thanks

Chuck

Old June 1st 05, 10:46 PM
maxpower

"Scar" <NoBody@home> wrote in message

> What should I use to clean noisy valves ? Is it save for engine to use it

..
> Plymouth Acclaim 92 , 3.0L 260K km. ( runs well )
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck

Noisy valves???? Im sure you mean noisy lifters, if they are noisy the oil
level is either low or the lifters are bad, replace em.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 1st 05, 11:23 PM
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:

> "Scar" <NoBody@home> wrote in message
>
>>What should I use to clean noisy valves ? Is it save for engine to use it

> .
>
>>Plymouth Acclaim 92 , 3.0L 260K km. ( runs well )
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Chuck
>>

> Noisy valves???? Im sure you mean noisy lifters, if they are noisy the oil
> level is either low or the lifters are bad, replace em.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Glenn - If you're going to be that picky about language, then you should
know that they are not called lifters (in the fulcrum vs.
in-line-with-valve-stem position) - they are called "lash adjusters".
8^) And in the 80's you would have been "wrong" if you called an
alternator a generator, but in the new century they are called
generators. Picky picky picky. 8^)

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old June 2nd 05, 01:29 AM

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:34:11 -0400, "Scar" <NoBody@home> wrote:

>What should I use to clean noisy valves ? Is it save for engine to use it .
>Plymouth Acclaim 92 , 3.0L 260K km. ( runs well )
>
>Thanks
>
>Chuck

Noisy valves on a 3.0 acclaim are very likely to be due to worn
guides, from my experience.
Old June 2nd 05, 07:33 PM
maxpower

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> maxpower wrote:
>
> > "Scar" <NoBody@home> wrote in message
> >
> >>What should I use to clean noisy valves ? Is it save for engine to use

it

> > .
> >
> >>Plymouth Acclaim 92 , 3.0L 260K km. ( runs well )
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>Chuck
> >>

> > Noisy valves???? Im sure you mean noisy lifters, if they are noisy the

oil
> > level is either low or the lifters are bad, replace em.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

> Glenn - If you're going to be that picky about language, then you should
> know that they are not called lifters (in the fulcrum vs.
> in-line-with-valve-stem position) - they are called "lash adjusters".
> 8^) And in the 80's you would have been "wrong" if you called an
> alternator a generator, but in the new century they are called
> generators. Picky picky picky. 8^)
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

Relax Bill, I wasnt being picky about language, I took it as the OP was
thinking it was his valves making noise and not knowing it was acually his
lifters (Lash adjusters).

Old June 2nd 05, 10:53 PM
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>
>>maxpower wrote:

> it
>
>>>.

>>>Noisy valves???? Im sure you mean noisy lifters, if they are noisy the

> oil
>
>>>level is either low or the lifters are bad, replace em.
>>>
>>>Glenn Beasley
>>>Chrysler Tech

>>Glenn - If you're going to be that picky about language, then you should
>>know that they are not called lifters (in the fulcrum vs.
>>in-line-with-valve-stem position) - they are called "lash adjusters".
>>8^) And in the 80's you would have been "wrong" if you called an
>>alternator a generator, but in the new century they are called
>>generators. Picky picky picky. 8^)
>>
>>Bill Putney
>>(To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>>adddress with the letter 'x')

> Relax Bill, I wasnt being picky about language, I took it as the OP was
> thinking it was his valves making noise and not knowing it was acually his
> lifters (Lash adjusters).

I knew what he meant. I'm plenty relaxed. 8^)

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old June 3rd 05, 12:17 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Bill Putney wrote:

> Glenn - If you're going to be that picky about language,

<snip>

Glenn picking on somebody else's imprecise use of language has to be the
funniest thing I've seen in the last 15 minutes. Talk about the pot
calling the kettle black!
Old June 3rd 05, 01:19 AM
maxpower

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Bill Putney wrote:
>
> > Glenn - If you're going to be that picky about language,

> <snip>
>
> Glenn picking on somebody else's imprecise use of language has to be the
> funniest thing I've seen in the last 15 minutes. Talk about the pot
> calling the kettle black!

Hey lite bulb, why do you always shoot off at the mouth and then hide
behind your screen. Is that what you do with your customers when you have a
problem? Run and hide??
Grow up alittle will you.