Locker question??????????

Old April 4th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Jamie Mello

Default Locker question??????????

I am thinking about getting a rear locker for my truck.
It is a 1983 toyota 4x4 pickup with stock toyota 8's......
I am also going to get a lmited slip for the front.

I want to get a full Spool locker. But I wanted to know how it may
handle on the road.

Oh and here is the link of the locker I want to get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260119783789

Thanks Jamie
Old April 4th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mike Romain

Jamie Mello wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a rear locker for my truck.
> It is a 1983 toyota 4x4 pickup with stock toyota 8's......
> I am also going to get a lmited slip for the front.
>

> I want to get a full Spool locker. But I wanted to know how it may
> handle on the road.
>
> Oh and here is the link of the locker I want to get:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260119783789
>

> Thanks Jamie

They call lockers 'low side finders' if you try to use them in the snow,
they find the low side of the trail/road and off they go.... Folks who
wheel with me in the snow and have lockers, have to turn them off on
lots of trails because the 2 track isn't wide enough for them to
'crabwalk' sideways up it.

Same for limited slips, if you are not real easy on the gas, they lock
up and turn into low side finders also. When you see trucks or suv's
trying to go up a snow covered road and they are going sideways up it,
that is their trouble.

Now a locker that you can turn on or off is another animal and is the
best of both worlds. With open diffs, one wheel acts like a rudder to
track straight while the other pushes more or less.

If you have manual locking hubs up front, you can run a limited slip or
locker OK with the hubs open....

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com
Old April 4th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Jamie Mello

I do not drive in the snow.

I do not want a limited slip locker for the rear.

Doe's anyone have any input on make a lincoln locker?

Thanks Jamie
Old April 7th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Jamie Mello

Thank you

Detroit EZ Locker or Powertrax Lockright locker? bronglenn Jeep 14 May 20th 06 01:21 AM
Ox locker update Greg Jeep 3 May 3rd 06 02:36 PM
Locker vs. LS Info? CD Jeep 4 March 12th 06 01:18 AM
Locker Carl Jeep 1 October 4th 05 01:55 AM
ARB locker JimG Jeep 4 January 26th 05 07:37 PM