ebay items I Listed

Old January 1st 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default ebay items I Listed

I listed a few items on ebay if anyone is intrested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:EF:US:1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:EF:US:1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:EF:US:1

Thanks
Tim Fisher

Old January 1st 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thats abuse???....I have been posting here for years. Didnt think that was
abuse. Sorry. Damn Bill, What happened.

Old January 1st 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announc...rs.jeep+willys
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 2nd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My post was intended to sell an item related to "Jeep" and I am not a
commercial vendor
The rules do need to be revised to moderated.

"CHARTER: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The unmoderated newsgroup rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys is to be used
for discussions, announcements, expression of opinions, and questions
about Jeep (Trade Mark) and Willys vehicles. It also serves as a
medium for those interested in sharing and exchanging their
experience. It is also meant to be a forum for buying and selling
parts by non-commercial vendors.

Some things that could be discussed....

-Jeep/Willys history
-repairs and modifications
-parts exchange
-technical information
-4x4 driving experiences
-vehicle restoration
-new vehicle evaluations

Some things that shouldn't be discussed....

-4 wheel drive vehicles made by
other manufacturers
-commercial posts"

Tim Fisher

Old January 2nd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Please explain how his post is abusive? They're posts that do not follow
the guidelines almost daily, but they are never accused of abuse. This is
also an unmoderated newsgroup, so unless someone wants to take on the
moderator role, you will always have off topic posts on any newgroup. Why
don't you police the 100 + posts that have asked questions about things not
related to Jeep nor Willy vehicles? This gentleman posted a message saying
he was selling a few items on eBay. Nothing against the Charter that I can
see. Now if you want to talk about eBay rules, there, you may have an
argument, but that's not what you claimed.

I'm not a big contributor to this newsgroup, nor will I ever be, but you're
wrong. Admit it and apologize to this gentleman.

Oh but wait, I guess, I'm off topic, so you can send an abuse notice about
this posting too.

Why you're at it, change the name of this newsgroup to
bill's.rec.automakers.jeep+willys

After all it's your story, we're just characters.

Jim Smith

Old January 2nd 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

EBay = commercial
If we let this go, can you imagine how many other a**holes would be
posting their Jeep related commercial sales? We couldn't get a post in
edgewise!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 2nd 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Who says that eBay is commercial? It's no more commercial than someone
offering an item directly on this newsgroup as best offer. I don't think we
need to worry about additional a$$holes posting messages here. We've got
one already that thinks his views are the only thing that matters. What
gives you the right to call Tim an a$$hole? After all you did say "how many
OTHER a**holes would be posting their.." That seems a lot like you calling
Tim an a$$hole and that's just plain wrong. I do believe you're out of
touch with reality. Commercial Sales would be when I posted items for sale
that I sold while conducting a commercial venture. Not someone using an
eBay auction and posting a reference or link. You need to apologize to Tim
immediately and promise the newsgroup that you will stop trying to be the
group's unofficial moderator. The time has come when Bill becomes just
another person that posts messages here. I've gotten a few private emails
within the last 10 minutes which reflects their opinion of you and your
attempt at moderating this newsgroup. Let people live. Let people run
their own lives. We are all adults here and don't need anyone telling us
how and what to post.

Jim Smith
Soapbox Designer

Old January 2nd 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hey Bill,
Been watching this one. I know where you're coming from and don't want
Jeep part salesmen turning this into an E-market either. Myself, I don't
mind personal e-bay stuff here and it just makes it a point and click affair
to see whether or not I'm interested. Maybe the charter could be amended
such that an individual could post the link. Perhaps some verbiage about
"one-time" or "occasional" would keep it down but still let us work it?
Just a thought. After all, if he only said, "I'm selling my doors" without
mentioning e-Bay, he'd be fine. If he had any takers, I don't think anybody
would've been too sore if he responded with a link.
Drink

Old January 2nd 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Troll, would you please forward their emails to me.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/