Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

Old August 1st 09, 05:44 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

Default Honda recall for certain 2001 and 2002 Accords, 2001 Civics and some 2002 and 2003 model Acura TL sedans.

"a" > wrote in message
> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html

Mine wasn't included before but is now.

Old August 1st 09, 01:07 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
a[_4_]

Seth wrote:
> "a" > wrote in message
>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>

> Mine wasn't included before but is now.

Where did you check your VIN?

Old August 1st 09, 01:58 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Stewart

"a" > wrote in message
> Seth wrote:
>> "a" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.canada.com/business/Honda...884/story.html
>>>

>> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>>

> Where did you check your VIN?

The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.

Old August 1st 09, 05:43 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
a[_4_]

Stewart wrote:
> "a" > wrote in message
>> Seth wrote:
>>> "a" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Mine wasn't included before but is now.
>>>

>> Where did you check your VIN?

> The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.

I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.

Old August 1st 09, 05:55 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Brian Smith

a wrote:

> I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
> found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
> Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.

I went looking for a Canadian link as well, but couldn't find anything.
Old August 2nd 09, 04:31 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"a" > wrote in message
> Stewart wrote:
>> "a" > wrote in message

>>> Where did you check your VIN?

>> The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.

> I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
> found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
> Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.

I did it via the US based Owners Links that is where I'm located. The
article was from a Canadian source, the information contained wasn't
exclusive to Canada though.

Old August 2nd 09, 05:06 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
a[_4_]

Seth wrote:
> "a" > wrote in message
>> Stewart wrote:
>>> "a" > wrote in message

>>> The article has a website and a phone number listed to check you VIN.

>> I saw that, but the US ownerlink only accepts US VINs - I was hoping Seth
>> found somewhere else... I want to see if my Accord is one of the 50,000
>> Canadian cars recalled. Honda Canada doesn't have a VIN check.

> I did it via the US based Owners Links that is where I'm located. The
> article was from a Canadian source, the information contained wasn't
> exclusive to Canada though.

I know - they gave a link to the US owners site - I was hoping you may have
checked your VIN somewhere else...

Old August 4th 09, 03:10 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

a > wrote in

> I know - they gave a link to the US owners site - I was hoping you may
> have checked your VIN somewhere else...

Go he
https://www.myacura.acura.ca

Set up an account with Honda Canada there, with your VIN number. This site
is supposed to tell you if you have any outstanding recalls on your car.

If you do this, I'd like to know how it works. My own car has no recalls,
so I can't check the site's functionality for myself.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 4th 09, 11:55 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Tegger > wrote in
:

> a > wrote in
>

>> I know - they gave a link to the US owners site - I was hoping you
>> may have checked your VIN somewhere else...

> Go he
> https://www.myacura.acura.ca

Sorry,
https://www.myhonda.honda.ca

The other site is Acura-only.

Old August 5th 09, 02:45 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
a[_4_]

Tegger wrote:
> Tegger > wrote in
> :
>
>> a > wrote in
>>

>>> I know - they gave a link to the US owners site - I was hoping you
>>> may have checked your VIN somewhere else...

>> Go he
>> https://www.myacura.acura.ca

> Sorry,
> https://www.myhonda.honda.ca
>
> The other site is Acura-only.

Did that before I posted - no info on recalls at all. Like tits on a bull...