New C6

Old October 16th 04, 02:17 PM
Ken

Default New C6

Well, I bought one of them new corvettes, and thought I'd post my thoughts
on it here. I've never owned or even driven a corvette before this so I
have nothing to compare to in that respect. I had previously driven a BMW
330 Convertible, but it got wrecked, and it didn't get fixed very well, so
bye-bye.
Anyway, the new vette is very fast. I can't even get on the gas much
because before you know it your doing 80-90 mph. Its also comfortable and
quiet for a sports car. There are a couple of minor things that I'm not
sure how they work. One is the door locks. There's a little red light
where you would expect a manual lock to be, but I don't know what its trying
to tell me when its flashing or when its off. So I can't tell when my doors
are locked or not. Second thing is the daytime running lights and fog
lights. I put the head lights on automatic, but there is no internal
indication that the running lights are on. The normal icon for the drl's is
listed in the owners manual as the fog lights.
Other than those two things, I really enjoy this vehicle. I get all sorts
of looks and questions when I stop. I just need a radar detector to keep
the cops away!

Ken

Old October 16th 04, 03:31 PM
Dad

"Ken" > wrote in message
> Well, I bought one of them new corvettes, and thought I'd post my thoughts
> on it here. I've never owned or even driven a corvette before this so I
> have nothing to compare to in that respect. I had previously driven a BMW
> 330 Convertible, but it got wrecked, and it didn't get fixed very well, so
> bye-bye.
> Anyway, the new vette is very fast. I can't even get on the gas much
> because before you know it your doing 80-90 mph. Its also comfortable and
> quiet for a sports car. There are a couple of minor things that I'm not
> sure how they work. One is the door locks. There's a little red light
> where you would expect a manual lock to be, but I don't know what its
> trying to tell me when its flashing or when its off. So I can't tell when
> my doors are locked or not. Second thing is the daytime running lights
> and fog lights. I put the head lights on automatic, but there is no
> internal indication that the running lights are on. The normal icon for
> the drl's is listed in the owners manual as the fog lights.
> Other than those two things, I really enjoy this vehicle. I get all sorts
> of looks and questions when I stop. I just need a radar detector to keep
> the cops away!
>
> Ken

The C6 comes with a DVD and a CD that takes you through all of those
questions. Take the time to watch them and read the manual. There are 3
light indicators on the dash that tell you when the lights are on and which
ones. The flashing red light on the door is telling you the door is
unlocked. It burns solid when you try to open it without the fob nearby. It
goes out when it's locked. The fog light symbol is the light with the hash
marks in front of it. When in operation they do not burn while the bright
lights are on.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 16th 04, 03:31 PM
Dad

Old October 16th 04, 08:30 PM
Rufio

"Ken" > wrote in message
> Well, I bought one of them new corvettes, and thought I'd post my thoughts
> on it here. I've never owned or even driven a corvette before this so I
> have nothing to compare to in that respect. I had previously driven a BMW
> 330 Convertible, but it got wrecked, and it didn't get fixed very well, so
> bye-bye.
> Anyway, the new vette is very fast. I can't even get on the gas much
> because before you know it your doing 80-90 mph. Its also comfortable and
> quiet for a sports car. There are a couple of minor things that I'm not
> sure how they work. One is the door locks. There's a little red light
> where you would expect a manual lock to be, but I don't know what its

trying
> to tell me when its flashing or when its off. So I can't tell when my

doors
> are locked or not. Second thing is the daytime running lights and fog
> lights. I put the head lights on automatic, but there is no internal
> indication that the running lights are on. The normal icon for the drl's

is
> listed in the owners manual as the fog lights.
> Other than those two things, I really enjoy this vehicle. I get all sorts
> of looks and questions when I stop. I just need a radar detector to keep
> the cops away!
>
> Ken

Ken - welcome to the Corvette family.

Acceleration - now you know how easy it was for me to get a ticket for 93 in
a 40 limit, in my 6-speed C5. I blew off a Honda, that was pacing me, in my
blind spot & the next thing I know.....flashing lights - DOH !

Old October 16th 04, 08:30 PM
Rufio

Old October 17th 04, 04:05 PM
Ken

Thanks for the advise. I re-watched the DVD, and it did explain the door
lock lights very well. I'm still not real sure on the foglight/drl
operation/indicators. I guess I'll ask the dealer. One more question if
you'll indulge me. I was wondering if you were able to get your car under
msrp, or not. My dealer was originally asking $10K over, but I ended up
paying msrp. First car I ever paid sticker price for. Good luck with your
new vette.
Ken

Old October 17th 04, 04:05 PM
Ken

Old October 17th 04, 06:07 PM
Dad

No way on sticker price, plus I got $3,000 more than I paid for my '04. I
was ready to walk on the deal but they met my price. Wasn't impressed with
the '05 as much as I was the first C5 I drove.

I reread the manual on the lights and it is a little unclear but it does
explain a dual use of the DRL's symbol.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

. ..

Old October 17th 04, 06:07 PM
Dad

No way on sticker price, plus I got $3,000 more than I paid for my '04. I
was ready to walk on the deal but they met my price. Wasn't impressed with
the '05 as much as I was the first C5 I drove.

I reread the manual on the lights and it is a little unclear but it does
explain a dual use of the DRL's symbol.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51