Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

Old June 14th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

I'm looking at a 2002 with only 29,000 miles on it, in pretty good
condition and at a not-too unreasonable price. VIN is
JM1NB353520234402 if someone can run it for me.

And it's red too. ;-)

Iva, temporarily Miata-less

Old June 15th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Someone HELP please, we must rectify this problem immediately!

Good luck Iva, sounds awesome (except for the red paint ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old June 16th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>Someone HELP please, we must rectify this problem immediately!
>
>Good luck Iva, sounds awesome (except for the red paint ;-)
>
>Chris
>99BBB
>

>"Iva" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I'm looking at a 2002 with only 29,000 miles on it, in pretty good
>> condition and at a not-too unreasonable price. VIN is JM1NB353520234402
>> if someone can run it for me.
>>
>> And it's red too. ;-)

I do not have any VIN access, but maybe it is good she has some
more time to think about this.

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old June 16th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Someone HELP please, we must rectify this problem immediately!
>
> Good luck Iva, sounds awesome (except for the red paint ;-)

Well, that one didn't work out at all. I was going down on Friday to
check the car out and maybe put a deposit on it but the owner called
Thursday evening and said, basically, that she'd changed her mind.

It worked out for the best though. Today, I found a near pristine
2004 with only 14,450 miles on it and a one-owner clear carfax report.
Still has a year left on the factory warranty too.

And it comes home with me on Monday!!

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old June 17th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:

> Well, that one didn't work out at all. I was going down on Friday to
> check the car out and maybe put a deposit on it but the owner called
> Thursday evening and said, basically, that she'd changed her mind.
>
> It worked out for the best though. Today, I found a near pristine
> 2004 with only 14,450 miles on it and a one-owner clear carfax report.
> Still has a year left on the factory warranty too.
>
> And it comes home with me on Monday!!
>
> Iva & ?
> 2004 Classic Red
> No more winkin' Miata

That just reminded me that a motivated seller often runs the Carfax them
self to show to the buyer.
I think that it is worth getting, but nice not to have to pay for yourself.

Congratulations, and get ready to fall in love with the steering wheel
if you had the OEM one on the '90.

You did get the 3-spoke Nardi, no?

Pat
Old June 17th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Iva wrote:
>
>> Well, that one didn't work out at all. I was going down on Friday
>> to check the car out and maybe put a deposit on it but the owner
>> called Thursday evening and said, basically, that she'd changed her
>> mind.
>>
>> It worked out for the best though. Today, I found a near pristine
>> 2004 with only 14,450 miles on it and a one-owner clear carfax
>> report. Still has a year left on the factory warranty too.
>>
>> And it comes home with me on Monday!!

> That just reminded me that a motivated seller often runs the Carfax
> them self to show to the buyer.
> I think that it is worth getting, but nice not to have to pay for
> yourself.

Well, since it was actually a (gasp) Dealer, I figured I'd run it
anyway. Just in case.

> Congratulations, and get ready to fall in love with the steering
> wheel if you had the OEM one on the '90.
>
> You did get the 3-spoke Nardi, no?

Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a whole
lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a whole lot
of road trips to get used to it. <g>

First thing is to get a roll bar, then put in the air horns I took off
Belle.

No, actually the first thing will be the wash, clay, polish and wax!
Got to get that whole bonding thing done first. <G>

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old June 17th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

pws > wrote:

> That just reminded me that a motivated seller often runs the
> Carfax them self to show to the buyer.

A number of dealers here in Phoenix will give a link to a Carfax report
when they list the car on Cars.com or on Autotrader.com. Those who
don't will often provide the report if asked.

I suspect dealers subscribe to Carfax on a much reduced price basis to
help with their buying of used cars and it probably doesn't cost them
much to run a copy for you.

Old June 18th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:

> Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a whole
> lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a whole lot
> of road trips to get used to it. <g>

What a chore!

> First thing is to get a roll bar, then put in the air horns I took off
> Belle.

Ahhh, another rollbar enthusiast.
As much as I hear about them being designed for use with helmets only,
greater chance of being injured in a rear-end than having a rollover,
etc., I still really like to have one on any miata that I drive.

> No, actually the first thing will be the wash, clay, polish and wax!
> Got to get that whole bonding thing done first. <G>
>
> Iva & ?
> 2004 Classic Red
> No more winkin' Miata

We will be expecting pictures.....

Enjoy!

Pat
Old June 18th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:01:25 -0400, Iva wrote:

> Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a whole
> lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a whole lot of
> road trips to get used to it. <g>

Congrats on the new car. I'm wondering: I have a NB but have never driven
any of the NA Miatas. So far do you find the ride, handling, engine, etc.
to be better, worse, or just different?
Old June 18th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Carbon wrote:
> Iva wrote:
>
> > Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a

whole
> > lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a whole

lot of
> > road trips to get used to it. <g>

> Congrats on the new car. I'm wondering: I have a NB but have never

driven
> any of the NA Miatas. So far do you find the ride, handling, engine,

etc.
> to be better, worse, or just different?

Well, I've only driven the car once so far. On first impression, the
ride is smoother than my '90 - it seemed less "raw" than the first
generation. Of course, that can also be due to the tires, springs,
shocks, etc. It's got more pick up but then it's also got a whole
different and larger engine.

I'm picking the car up at 6 pm today. I'll get back to you after
doing more, a lot more, hands-on research! <g>

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata