One more Time - Autostick tranny to intake manifold

Old October 22nd 04, 04:11 PM
Scott

Default One more Time - Autostick tranny to intake manifold

Maybe I should be more descriptive.
Currenty, the main vacuum line from the control valve attaches to a
PLASTIC nipple. This plastic nipple has been RTV'd and crammed into
the intake manifold. I would like to replace this plastic nipple with
something that maybe is OEM. Again this is for a dual port setup.
The VW manuals don't show this.

Question: To autostick owners, how is that union on your vehicle
provided?
Old October 22nd 04, 08:42 PM
Speedy Jim

Scott wrote:

> Maybe I should be more descriptive.
> Currenty, the main vacuum line from the control valve attaches to a
> PLASTIC nipple. This plastic nipple has been RTV'd and crammed into
> the intake manifold. I would like to replace this plastic nipple with
> something that maybe is OEM. Again this is for a dual port setup.
> The VW manuals don't show this.
>
> Question: To autostick owners, how is that union on your vehicle
> provided?

IIRC on the dual port, the lefthand aluminum casting has a steel
tube pressed into the casting. Then the vac hose just slips over it.
I can't find a pic to confirm that either :-(

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old October 23rd 04, 12:41 AM
MUADIB®

>IIRC on the dual port, the lefthand aluminum casting has a steel
>tube pressed into the casting. Then the vac hose just slips over it.
>I can't find a pic to confirm that either :-(

If that's the case, John Willis and I have several of that casting.

Sounds like the original poster has a munged up casting to me.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old October 24th 04, 01:03 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

The vacuum take off is actually on the center section of the intake manifold
on the 71 and up Type 1s with dual port engines.
It is metal and part of the manifold that is just under the base of the carb
flange.

I should have a few of these laying around in some of my parts bins. I
don't think I have any for the 68-70s single port engines though, so let me
know what you need! I will try to shoot a picture of one if you need one.

I need to get rid of some of my dead junk...........I mean unused treasure!
lol

later,
dave

Old October 24th 04, 03:25 AM
Scott

Thanks for the replies...The original Manifold is "VW" oem
replacement. So, no pipe installed. I've already removed the plastic
and installed a pipe.

M30 Intake Manifold Bill BMW 6 November 21st 04 11:39 AM
Intake Manifold for Autostick Tranny Scott VW air cooled 2 October 22nd 04 06:03 AM
Intake Manifold Recommendation - Torker? [email protected] Corvette 7 August 25th 04 06:07 PM