Calvert wins Winternationals in 2010 Mustang

Old March 1st 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_4_]

Default Calvert wins Winternationals in 2010 Mustang

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html

Old March 1st 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_2_]

Big Al wrote:
> http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html

So, Ford builds this race winning spectacular
Cobra Jet car. An off the shelf ready to go drag
racer. Yes, I would give my left nut for one.

Then the race team has to spend 6 weeks thrashing
on it to get it to actually win. I'm think that
with that budget and that many many hours, I could
get just about any Mustang into the winners
circle.

--------
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
2008 Mustang Coupe
2007 Ram 2500 CTD/Auto/4x4
1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Old March 1st 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_4_]

".boB" > wrote in message
om...
> Big Al wrote:
>> http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html

> So, Ford builds this race winning spectacular Cobra Jet car. An off the
> shelf ready to go drag racer. Yes, I would give my left nut for one.
>
> Then the race team has to spend 6 weeks thrashing on it to get it to
> actually win. I'm think that with that budget and that many many hours, I
> could get just about any Mustang into the winners circle.
>
> --------
> .boB

Well, you forgot the fact that they had a great driver Wonder if he used
Cal Track bars on it. He ran IIRC 10.08 to qualify, 10.10 first round, it
was a bye. And 10.15 three times after that. With a four speed. Not bad....

Al

Old March 1st 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Big Al wrote:
> http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html

That first photo certainly helped me decide whether or not there's
enough change between 2009 and 2010 models to warrant an upgrade: I
can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside.
Maybe the "2010" they are talking about is inside?

His:
http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/16...rnationals.jpg

Mine:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/...89aed3c1_b.jpg

--
Frank ess

Old March 1st 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_9_]

Frank ess wrote:

> Big Al wrote:
>> http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html
>>

> That first photo certainly helped me decide whether or not there's
> enough change between 2009 and 2010 models to warrant an upgrade: I
> can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside. Maybe
> the "2010" they are talking about is inside?
>
> His:
> http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/16...rnationals.jpg
>

> Mine:
> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/...89aed3c1_b.jpg

Do you want to upgrade to a "Body-in-White" race car? Or a production
car? http://jalopnik.com/339922/2010-ford-mustang-gt
The only piece of sheet metal that is same as an 09 is the roof.
Old March 1st 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

GILL wrote:
> Frank ess wrote:
>>

>> Big Al wrote:
>>> http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html
>>>

>> That first photo certainly helped me decide whether or not there's
>> enough change between 2009 and 2010 models to warrant an upgrade: I
>> can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside.
>> Maybe the "2010" they are talking about is inside?
>>
>> His:
>> http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/16...rnationals.jpg
>>

>> Mine:
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/...89aed3c1_b.jpg
>>

> Do you want to upgrade to a "Body-in-White" race car? Or a
> production car? http://jalopnik.com/339922/2010-ford-mustang-gt
> The only piece of sheet metal that is same as an 09 is the roof.

If the car that won the Winternationals is a 2010 model, " ... I can't
see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside."

Seems to me that calling a car a "2010" is motivated by a desire to
tie it to the production models. That photo did not show me enough
difference to warrant an upgrade from the 2009 appearance to the
"2010" appearance.

From the lower grill and "chin", I'd say the "winner" car is a 2009 or
earlier
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/LA0...Red/1004669607

Calling it a "2010" without more explanation seems a bit of a stretch.

--
Frank ess

Old March 2nd 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_9_]

Frank ess wrote:

> GILL wrote:
>> Frank ess wrote:

>>> That first photo certainly helped me decide whether or not there's
>>> enough change between 2009 and 2010 models to warrant an upgrade: I
>>> can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside.
>>> Maybe the "2010" they are talking about is inside?
>>>
>>> His:
>>> http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/16...rnationals.jpg
>>>

>>> Mine:
>>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/...89aed3c1_b.jpg
>>>

>> Do you want to upgrade to a "Body-in-White" race car? Or a
>> production car? http://jalopnik.com/339922/2010-ford-mustang-gt
>> The only piece of sheet metal that is same as an 09 is the roof.

> If the car that won the Winternationals is a 2010 model, " ... I can't
> see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside."
>
> Seems to me that calling a car a "2010" is motivated by a desire to tie
> it to the production models. That photo did not show me enough
> difference to warrant an upgrade from the 2009 appearance to the "2010"
> appearance.
>
> From the lower grill and "chin", I'd say the "winner" car is a 2009 or
> earlier
> http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/LA0...Red/1004669607
>
> Calling it a "2010" without more explanation seems a bit of a stretch.

That car at Pamona is an 08, not sure why they called it a 2010.
Something about it being an FR500 Cobra Jet series.
http://www.motorauthority.com/ford-l...g-package.html

Old March 2nd 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

GILL wrote:
> Frank ess wrote:
>>

>> GILL wrote:

>>> Do you want to upgrade to a "Body-in-White" race car? Or a
>>> production car? http://jalopnik.com/339922/2010-ford-mustang-gt
>>> The only piece of sheet metal that is same as an 09 is the roof.

>> If the car that won the Winternationals is a 2010 model, " ... I
>> can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside."
>>
>> Seems to me that calling a car a "2010" is motivated by a desire
>> to tie it to the production models. That photo did not show me
>> enough difference to warrant an upgrade from the 2009 appearance
>> to the "2010" appearance.
>>
>> From the lower grill and "chin", I'd say the "winner" car is a
>> 2009 or earlier
>> http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/LA0...Red/1004669607
>>
>> Calling it a "2010" without more explanation seems a bit of a
>> stretch.

> That car at Pamona is an 08, not sure why they called it a 2010.
> Something about it being an FR500 Cobra Jet series.
> http://www.motorauthority.com/ford-l...g-package.html

Yup, I guess that is a "2010" in the same way mine is a "2009" (built
2008-05-27, delivered 2008-09-01) : someone called it that, and it
might as well be.

--
Frank ess

Old March 2nd 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_4_]

"Frank ess" > wrote in message

> GILL wrote:
>> Frank ess wrote:

>>> If the car that won the Winternationals is a 2010 model, " ... I
>>> can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside."
>>>
>>> Seems to me that calling a car a "2010" is motivated by a desire
>>> to tie it to the production models. That photo did not show me
>>> enough difference to warrant an upgrade from the 2009 appearance
>>> to the "2010" appearance.
>>>
>>> From the lower grill and "chin", I'd say the "winner" car is a
>>> 2009 or earlier
>>> http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/LA0...Red/1004669607
>>>
>>> Calling it a "2010" without more explanation seems a bit of a
>>> stretch.

>> That car at Pamona is an 08, not sure why they called it a 2010.
>> Something about it being an FR500 Cobra Jet series.
>> http://www.motorauthority.com/ford-l...g-package.html

> Yup, I guess that is a "2010" in the same way mine is a "2009" (built
> 2008-05-27, delivered 2008-09-01) : someone called it that, and it might
> as well be.
>
> --
> Frank ess

A 2010 Mustang has a different door. Just look at the side views. The other
difference is the dash. But first find a picture of a real 2010

Al

Old March 3rd 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_4_]

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> ".boB" > wrote in message
> om...
>> Big Al wrote:
>>> http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventc...als/index.html

>> So, Ford builds this race winning spectacular Cobra Jet car. An off the
>> shelf ready to go drag racer. Yes, I would give my left nut for one.
>>
>> Then the race team has to spend 6 weeks thrashing on it to get it to
>> actually win. I'm think that with that budget and that many many hours,
>> I could get just about any Mustang into the winners circle.
>>
>> --------
>> .boB

> Well, you forgot the fact that they had a great driver Wonder if he used
> Cal Track bars on it. He ran IIRC 10.08 to qualify, 10.10 first round, it
> was a bye. And 10.15 three times after that. With a four speed. Not
> bad....
>
> Al

My memory was wrong Did qualify at 10.08, Ran 10.01 on the bye, then
10.14 the rest of the runs.
Al

2010 Ford Mustang Debuts As Hot Wheels Car... Maybe [2010 Ford Mustang] (Jalopnik) dwight[_3_] Ford Mustang 0 November 7th 08 12:32 AM
2010 Mustang Big Al[_2_] Ford Mustang 13 December 27th 07 01:52 AM
2010 Mustang Đavīd Ford Mustang 19 November 23rd 06 07:35 PM
Ford Racing Mustang GT Wins At Daytona 351CJ Ford Mustang 22 March 4th 05 05:45 AM