New Mustang

Old February 16th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_2_]

Default New Mustang

A few years ago I rebuilt a '69 GT fastback. I painted it Ford Mist Blue;
it looked silver in the dark, blue in the light. Loved that car. But sold
it to finance another project. Now I own a 66 coupe that I'v had for about
7 years. I like this car, too, but I never drive it. Time to sell it.
Why, you ask? Because I'm buying a new 2008 mustang.

Ever since the new cars came out in '05, I'v been lusting after them. They
looked so much like the 60's cars that I love. Almost bought one a couple
of times over the last couple years. But now's the time.

So, in the next week or so, I'll be taking delivery of a brand new '08 V6/5
speed car. It's pretty loaded, has a bunch of stuff I might not even want -
MP3, Pony package, heated leather seats, Sirius radio, ambient lighting.
But, since I plan on keeping this car for 8-10 years, I decided to get
exactly what I want now and not worry about it.

My truck is going to be retired from AD, and held in reserve for towing,
hauling, and winter duties. The Mustang is going to be my daily driver and
long distance car. It will be a lot more comfortable than my truck, and get
twice the fuel mileage.

Of course, the first thing a gear head thinks of is, "how can I make this
better?". I'll drive it for a while, and then decide what I want. I'll
most likely be adding an open element air cleaner, and a computer re-tune.
If I can get a V8 exhaust cheap, I might swap that in. The suspension will
stay essentially stock, except for some sub-frame connectors. Maybe some
asthetic doo-dads here and there.

Must resist the performance bug! I don't need a street monster, I already
have one of those. I want a nice driving car that's docile and efficient.
But I'd kinda like it to look a little like my old GT. Some rear window
louvers, a hood scoop, maybe some side scoops. I might want to change the
Pony grill to a GT grill. The 4 headlight look is what first attracted me
to the new Mustang. But I'll look at it in person and see how I feel.

I'm kinda excited about it, now that I've actually placed a deposit on one.

Old February 16th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

..boB wrote:
> A few years ago I rebuilt a '69 GT fastback. I painted it Ford Mist Blue;
> it looked silver in the dark, blue in the light. Loved that car. But sold
> it to finance another project. Now I own a 66 coupe that I'v had for about
> 7 years. I like this car, too, but I never drive it. Time to sell it.
> Why, you ask? Because I'm buying a new 2008 mustang.

<waste of time snipped>

So what are you doing typing out all this screed? Stop all this
yammering and typing and take the tow vehicle with a trailer and go get
one already. Oh and if this were a web forum I would drop the smilie
that has the sign saying "This Thread is Worthless without Pictures."

BTW I suggest the Grabber Orange with brown leather....

--
"Yah know I hate it when forces gather in ma' fringe..." - Sheogorath

"Daytime television sucked 20 years ago,
and it still sucks today!" - Marc Bissonette
Old March 14th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Lazimodo

Congratulations...V6 is a worthy mustang truly.. I've had em
all and the 2006 v6 impresses me after 10 000 miles as much
as the day we bought it.

Consider a mod of the stock induction (air mass metering)
with a dash mount tuner. Value for money and this can save
gas while chugging around. Check with dealer for
warranty...get them to do it and they become your partners
in crime...

Old January 1st 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default New Mustang (V6 or 300hp V8)

So, in the next week or so, I'll be taking delivery of a brand new '08
> V6/5 speed car.

Why a V6? Do you think down the road you may wish you had bought a GT with
an all aluminum 300hp V8? Is it the price? Here is a video clip for you my
friend, just a little clip that I produced, if you love the S-197
platformed Mustang, you should enjoy the clip!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/204033...09_mustang_gt/

~John
www.StreetShowDriftDrags.com