Electic motorized supercharger

Old October 10th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Electic motorized supercharger

Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would fit over the water
pump.

These guys have been growing thier operation over the years and looks
like their doing ok, they custom make all the parts needed for mad max
replicas even functional switch operated supercharger! To bad the cars
are dissapearing.

http://www.lastinterceptor.com/PursuitSpecial/

Old October 10th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

> wrote in message
> Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would fit over the water
> pump.
>
> These guys have been growing thier operation over the years and looks
> like their doing ok, they custom make all the parts needed for mad max
> replicas even functional switch operated supercharger! To bad the cars
> are dissapearing.
>
> http://www.lastinterceptor.com/PursuitSpecial/

Who in their right mind would want one?

Al

Old October 10th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott W.

"Big Al" > wrote
> Who in their right mind would want one?

A Mad Max enthusiast. I persoanlly think the car is pretty cool for what it
is. I'd like to get my hands on an aussie XB.
Take the ass of this...
http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/li...2105_19713.jpg

and the nose of this...
http://www.mach1registry.org/photopo...3/171_Mach.jpg

and there you have a pretty cool looking muscle car...
http://www.falcongt.com.au/xb2dgt.jpg

Course thats just my opinion.

Scott W.
'69 Mustang Sportsroof
'68 Ranchero 500

Old October 10th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_2_]

wrote:
> Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would
> fit over the water
> pump.
>
> These guys have been growing thier operation
> over the years and looks
> like their doing ok, they custom make all the
> parts needed for mad max
> replicas even functional switch operated
> supercharger! To bad the cars
> are dissapearing.

http://www.lastinterceptor.com/PursuitSpecial/

Not a common idea, and nobody else is doing it.
But it does look cool in the movie

Essentially it's an electric clutch, like on an
A/C compressor. One of the big three (Buick?)
tried that back in the 60's. Obviously, that
didn't work out well.

--------
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
2008 Mustang Coupe
2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Old October 11th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:39:34 -0700, "Big Al" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>> Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would fit over the water
>> pump.
>>
>> These guys have been growing thier operation over the years and looks
>> like their doing ok, they custom make all the parts needed for mad max
>> replicas even functional switch operated supercharger! To bad the cars
>> are dissapearing.
>>
>> http://www.lastinterceptor.com/PursuitSpecial/
>>

>Who in their right mind would want one?
>
>Al

A bloody Aussie wanna be? But, since they don't really come from the
land down under... they'll still never be.....

Seems to be a fad going with reproducing tv and movie cars.....
Knight Rider (my daughter & son-in-law - the original version)
Dukes of Hazzard (LOTS of these)
Mad Max
Gone in 60 Seconds (Elenores are everywhere)
Smokey and the Bandit

Give me the latest Batmobile or Bond Aston Martin :0)
--

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4,
OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16x8" V40s, BFG gForce
Old October 12th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:15:48 -0600, ".boB" >

>> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:39:34 -0700, "Big Al"
>> >
>> wrote:

>> Give me the latest Batmobile or Bond Aston
>> Martin :0)

>How about the original MonkeyMobile for $350,000?
>
>--------
>.boB
>2006 FXDI hot rod
>2008 Mustang Coupe
>2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
>1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Ahhhh, but that, IIRC, is a George Barris custom.

Old October 12th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ummmm..... you don't expect that this supercharger shaped object really
works, do you?

Old October 13th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:05:15 GMT, > wrote:

>Ummmm..... you don't expect that this supercharger shaped object really
>works, do you?
>

> wrote in message
>> Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would fit over the water
>> pump.
>>
>> These guys have been growing thier operation over the years and looks
>> like their doing ok, they custom make all the parts needed for mad max
>> replicas even functional switch operated supercharger! To bad the cars
>> are dissapearing.
>>
>> http://www.lastinterceptor.com/PursuitSpecial/

At least until the batteries runs down.... which is why I suggest the
Ion battery version. They work far better than the hand crank model.

Old October 13th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
AshtarSheran

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:05:15 GMT, > wrote:
>
>>Ummmm..... you don't expect that this supercharger shaped object really
>>works, do you?
>>

> wrote in message
>>> Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would fit over the water
>>> pump.
>>>
>>> These guys have been growing thier operation over the years and looks
>>> like their doing ok, they custom make all the parts needed for mad max
>>> replicas even functional switch operated supercharger! To bad the cars
>>> are dissapearing.
>>>
>>> http://www.lastinterceptor.com/PursuitSpecial/
>>>

> At least until the batteries runs down.... which is why I suggest the
> Ion battery version. They work far better than the hand crank model.
> --

just put in peddles on the passenger side, it will give him something to do.

Also the "supercharger shaped object" does in fact add wind resistance,
which is very important to help slow down if going too fast.

87 5.0 excopcar
93 5.0 excopcar 8# KeeneBell, tuned, 145k miles and still fast.
"like an old pair of blue jeans" (-MJ)