Arrogant Fool

Old December 24th 05, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Arrogant Fool

Amazing how this arrogant fool rails on and on and on about the
"anitsocial *******s" who are firebombing the photo radar cameras in
the UK, but utters nary a peep about the antisocail MFFY *******s who
block the passing lane, drive slowly, block traffic, and basically do
whatever the **** they please without giving so much as a thought to
the consequences to overall throughput on the roads.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/st...670945,00.html

It is about the rise of the antisocial *******s who believe they
should be allowed to do what they want, whenever they want, regardless
of the consequences. I believe that while there are many reasons for
the growth of individualism in the UK, the extreme libertarianism now
beginning to take hold here begins on the road. When you drive,
society becomes an obstacle. Pedestrians, bicycles, traffic calming,
speed limits, the law: all become a nuisance to be wished away. The
more you drive, the more bloody-minded and individualistic you become.
The car is slowly turning us, like the Americans and the Australians,
into a nation that recognises only the freedom to act, and not the
freedom from the consequences of other people's actions.

Old December 24th 05, 06:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Amazing how this arrogant fool rails on and on and on about the
> "anitsocial *******s" who are firebombing the photo radar cameras in
> the UK, but utters nary a peep about the antisocail MFFY *******s who
> block the passing lane, drive slowly, block traffic, and basically do
> whatever the **** they please without giving so much as a thought to
> the consequences to overall throughput on the roads.

Jesus Scott, put down the pipe!!!

A slight delay in your travel is not comparable to the use of
unregulated, homemade explosives in a public place to destroy public
property. The "overall throughput on the roads" just isn't that
important to some people, yourself excluded it seems.

You should be more conscientious about separating your POV rant from
the referenced material. It isn't clear from your post which is which.

It's the holidays. Isn't there just a smidgen of generosity in your
heart that you might share with your fellow travelers... just for a day
or so...?
-----

- gpsman

Old December 24th 05, 07:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>, gpsman wrote:

> A slight delay in your travel is not comparable to the use of
> unregulated, homemade explosives in a public place to destroy public
> property. The "overall throughput on the roads" just isn't that
> important to some people, yourself excluded it seems.

So you too welcome monitoring of everyone including for the enforcement
of nonsenical laws for revenue gathering. Figures.

Old December 24th 05, 07:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Brent P wrote: <brevity snip>
> So you too welcome monitoring of everyone including for the enforcement
> of nonsenical laws for revenue gathering. Figures.

-----
You're probably one of the few 30 mph casual bicyclists on the planet
who would interpret that post as such.

I think all your traffic "problems" are equally as imaginary and/or
assumed.
-----

- gpsman

Old December 24th 05, 09:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>, gpsman wrote:
> Brent P wrote: <brevity snip>
>> So you too welcome monitoring of everyone including for the enforcement
>> of nonsenical laws for revenue gathering. Figures.

> -----
> You're probably one of the few 30 mph casual bicyclists on the planet
> who would interpret that post as such.

I never claimed to ride casually.

> I think all your traffic "problems" are equally as imaginary and/or
> assumed.

So you're saying that the next time I am cut off I don't have to brake
because that vehicle really isn't there? Or the woman who nearly
rear-ended me with her SUV wasn't really there today either?

The woman who had her SUV at a right angle to the road blocking the lane
I was in today, really wasn't there either and I could have just kept
going instead of braking?

May I drive your car to test this theory?

Old December 24th 05, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Brent P, > was motivated to say this
in rec.autos.driving on Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:07:00 -0600:
> So you too welcome monitoring of everyone including for the enforcement
> of nonsenical laws for revenue gathering. Figures.

You were expecting any different from that cheerleader for big brother?
Old December 24th 05, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán, > was motivated to say
this in rec.autos.driving on Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:18:01 -0800:
> Amazing how this arrogant fool rails on and on and on about the
> "anitsocial *******s" who are firebombing the photo radar cameras in
> the UK, but utters nary a peep about the antisocail MFFY *******s who
> block the passing lane, drive slowly, block traffic, and basically do
> whatever the **** they please without giving so much as a thought to
> the consequences to overall throughput on the roads.

That ****head sounds like a British version of our very own judy: a
communist piece of **** who wants to use the force of government to bend
the rest of us to its will.
Old December 25th 05, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:08:51 -0500, Alex Rodriguez >
wrote:

>When you grow up you will understand that what politicians say is not always
>true. Give them an inch, and they will take a mile. Just look at the idiot
>in charge who thinks it is ok to wire tap who ever he wants.

Maybe you don't know, but clinton isn't in charge anymore.
Old December 26th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

DTJ wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:08:51 -0500, Alex Rodriguez >
> wrote:
>
> >When you grow up you will understand that what politicians say is not always
> >true. Give them an inch, and they will take a mile. Just look at the idiot
> >in charge who thinks it is ok to wire tap who ever he wants.

> Maybe you don't know, but clinton isn't in charge anymore.

It's tough to admit that your idiot is also an idiot, eh?

Dave