03' TL Headlight / FOGs Issues

Old January 3rd 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ndccpf1

Default 03' TL Headlight / FOGs Issues

2003 Acura TL Type-S

Replaced driver side HID ballast/igniter last year

Now driver Low (HID) / High (9005) beams not working

With engine off, using flash-to-pass causes passenger low AND high to
come on

With car running and passenger low (HID) on turning on FOG lights will
cause FOGS to be on for a few seconds then go off and this will cause
the high beams (9005s) to both come on DIM

Driver side HID bulb is good

Scratching my head..
Old January 3rd 12, 01:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth[_3_]

"ndccpf1" > wrote in message
> 2003 Acura TL Type-S
>
> Replaced driver side HID ballast/igniter last year
>
> Now driver Low (HID) / High (9005) beams not working
>
> With engine off, using flash-to-pass causes passenger low AND high to
> come on
>
> With car running and passenger low (HID) on turning on FOG lights will
> cause FOGS to be on for a few seconds then go off and this will cause
> the high beams (9005s) to both come on DIM
>
> Driver side HID bulb is good
>
> Scratching my head..

Anytime I see turning one light on causing others to turn on as well first
thing on my checklist is to look at\examine all ground connections near the
fixture.