D15b3 vacuum line question

Old August 27th 11, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default D15b3 vacuum line question

On 08/27/2011 10:38 AM, Juan-Pierre Herboth wrote:
> I also noticed that I made a mistake.The vacuum line for the vacuum
> advance is seperate,so the blanked off line is joined by the one from
> the air intake and then into the whole 'manifold' of connections
> joining up.

the one from the intake, i.e. north of the carb, is just vent not
vacuum. anything south of the carb is real vacuum. thus, i'd guess
that the blanked tube and the distributor cap nozzle are supposed to be
connected - in a lot of cars, the distributor cap is so vented to
[theoretically] reduce moisture condensation.

but don't take my word for it - find the manual. if you bought the
spark tube gaskets from your local dealer, try them and see if they will
let you look at their manuals or microfiche.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old August 27th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 08/27/2011 10:52 AM, Juan-Pierre Herboth wrote:
> Hey guys.Looks like the previous links are buggy.Here is a link to the
> album.Hope this works.
> http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...vic/buggy.Here
> is a link to the album.Hope this works.
> http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...Honda%20Civic/

your posts are really f-ed up. google groups for posting is a /really/
bad idea. download a /real/ newsreader, and sign up to one of the free
text-only newsgroup servers on the net so you don't keep on polluting
this group with multiline whateveritis. please.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old August 28th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

thanx for the advice.Ill call the dealer and see what they have to
say.Im using my cellphone and using the Opera mini browser.I cant buy
any special reader or stuff so this is the best I can do.Sorry.
Old August 28th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_3_]

Juan-Pierre Herboth > wrote in
:

> Hey guys.Looks like the previous links are buggy.Here is a link to the
> album.Hope this works.
> http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...0Gen%20Honda%2
> 0Civic/buggy.Here is a link to the album.Hope this works.
> http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...0Gen%20Honda%2
> 0Civic/

The vacuum line with the screw in it is for the air-cleaner heat-riser
valve. If you're in a warm climate, you can just remove that vacuum line
entirely and forget about it. Just make sure the riser valve is CLOSED
(look or feel inside the air-cleaner snorkel: should be clear through and
not blocked).
Notice the exposed pipe under the valve on the snorkel? That should go to a
heat-stove on the exhaust manifold, but the corrugated connecting pipe is
missing.

The supposed vacuum line on the distributor cap is just an air-vent. Leave
it alone.

The "vacuum line connects to branch" photo is taken from too close-in. I
cannot tell what's around it.

--
Tegger
Old August 28th 11, 07:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

@ tegger:Thanx for the help.Sorry about the pic being to close up.Will
take a better one.Regarding the corugated pipe, this is my 2nd Honda
and both had the same snorkel on the aircleaner and a similar pipe on
the exhaust manifold cover.I assumed that it could be for colder
climates to pre-heat the air.However on both Honda's thats missing.I
guess since we here in South Africa generally have weather never
goiing below 10 deg C that we dont make use of that.Thanx again
Old November 10th 11, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim perry

that line is supposed to be blanked off.