2000 Dodge Neon

Old June 7th 05, 07:35 PM
mio

Default 2000 Dodge Neon

I have a 2001 dodge neon that i have never had any problems with. but
today it started acting up.

when i pulled out of my complex it acted as if it was going to stall.
got to a stop light again it acted like it was going to stall.

turned a corner and it stalled. i stopped and got it started again
then kept going and it stalled again ...after 2 more times i made it
to work (less then a mile from my complex) and it stalled into the
parking spot where it now sits.

what would make a car stall all of a sudden? does anyone know?

Mio

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-2000...ict123482.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=600954
Old June 8th 05, 02:42 AM
Abby Normal

bad gas?
someone put someting in the tank to be mean? any unfriendly types nearby?
bad alternator?
need more info, perhaps some recent changes to anything or history.

news:1_600954_52c5c0ec16bded0d9468c377b33be87e@aut oforumz.com...

Old June 9th 05, 02:35 PM
mio

"Abby Normal" wrote:
> bad gas?
> someone put someting in the tank to be mean? any unfriendly
> types nearby?
> bad alternator?
> need more info, perhaps some recent changes to anything or
> history.
>
> "mio" > wrote in message
> news:1_600954_52c5c0ec16bded0d9468c377b33be87e@aut oforumz.com...
> >I have a 2001 dodge neon that i have never had any problems

> with. but
> > today it started acting up.
> >
> > when i pulled out of my complex it acted as if it was going

> to stall.
> > got to a stop light again it acted like it was going to

> stall.
> >
> > turned a corner and it stalled. i stopped and got it started

> again
> > then kept going and it stalled again ...after 2 more times i

> made it
> > to work (less then a mile from my complex) and it stalled

> into the
> > parking spot where it now sits.
> >
> > what would make a car stall all of a sudden? does anyone

> know?
> >
> > Mio
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request

> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-2000...ict123482.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report

> abuse:
> > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=600954

hi Abby Normal

I like the name

unfortunately yes there is someone who could have put something in my
tank. I took it to the shop (well had it towed) and they said they
cant be for certain what was wrong but now its working fine.

i did go out that night and purchase a locking gas cap. the 2000 model
didn’t come with one so i bought the 99 model cap and it works fine.

i also put some gas tank cleaner stuff in it so its better.

i wish there was a way to prove if she did it or not. but there isnt
so i keep it close to my window at work to make sure and i keep an eye
on it at home.

thanks for the advice

MIO

2000 Dodge Neon johnreyes Dodge 1 June 1st 05 02:26 AM
Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM
Opinions - 2004 Dodge Neon Tony H Dodge 6 October 15th 04 06:40 PM
2000 Dodge Neon (Ticking, Noisy starting engine) Ken Dodge 14 April 23rd 04 04:06 PM