2000 Accord EX-VL clear coat paint problem.

Old March 9th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2000 Accord EX-VL clear coat paint problem.

Hi all,

I just wonder if anybody has encountered the following problems.

The front part of my Accord is covered with mud after lawn mowing a
few days ago
in the apartment complex and the fact that the ground is saturated
with water after
weeks of rain recently in Pacific Northwest. Upon removing the mud, I
discovered
that a few places under the mud has developed bubbles with size closed
to a penny.
Apparently, the clear coat paint has turned translucent in those
places and the area
has"growed" up like a bubble. I was surprised that happened in the
bumper as it is
made of plastic and thus will not rust. There is also a small bubble
developed
in the hood lid too.

I don't know exactly what's wrong, but the car has no bubble problems
before and it is
mostly used in California before. It looks like some debris kick up
from the mower or
the lawn clipper has poked into the clear coat and water vapor trapped
inside it expanded
after repeating patterns of sunshine/hot temperature and rains/cold
days in the last
couple days.

Do you have similar experience after rain? If yes, please share your
experience.

Thanks,
Pete.

Old March 9th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Mar 9, 4:59 am, Tegger > wrote:
> wrote oups.com:
>

> > Hi all,

> > I just wonder if anybody has encountered the following problems.

> > The front part of my Accord is covered with mud after lawn mowing a
> > few days ago
> > in the apartment complex and the fact that the ground is saturated
> > with water after
> > weeks of rain recently in Pacific Northwest. Upon removing the mud, I
> > discovered
> > that a few places under the mud has developed bubbles with size closed
> > to a penny.
> > Apparently, the clear coat paint has turned translucent in those
> > places and the area
> > has"growed" up like a bubble. I was surprised that happened in the
> > bumper as it is
> > made of plastic and thus will not rust. There is also a small bubble
> > developed
> > in the hood lid too.

> Your problem is a poor-quality repaint. That is not factory paint you're
> looking at.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/- Hide quoted text -

I own this car from Day 1 and it has not been repainted according to
my memory, nor has
the car been involved in any accident that required paint jobs.

Pete.

Old March 10th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

wrote in
oups.com:

> On Mar 9, 4:59 am, Tegger > wrote:
>> wrote
>> oups.com:
>>

>> > Hi all,

>> > I just wonder if anybody has encountered the following problems.

>> > The front part of my Accord is covered with mud after lawn mowing a
>> > few days ago
>> > in the apartment complex and the fact that the ground is saturated
>> > with water after
>> > weeks of rain recently in Pacific Northwest. Upon removing the mud,
>> > I discovered
>> > that a few places under the mud has developed bubbles with size
>> > closed to a penny.
>> > Apparently, the clear coat paint has turned translucent in those
>> > places and the area
>> > has"growed" up like a bubble. I was surprised that happened in the
>> > bumper as it is
>> > made of plastic and thus will not rust. There is also a small
>> > bubble developed
>> > in the hood lid too.

>> Your problem is a poor-quality repaint. That is not factory paint
>> you're looking at.
>>

> I own this car from Day 1 and it has not been repainted according to
> my memory, nor has
> the car been involved in any accident that required paint jobs.

OK.

In that case the mud was probably something out of Episode 45 of the
X-files. Don't get it on your hands!

Old March 14th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al G

I've got a similar problem with a '98 Accord EX. The clear coat on the roof
at the rear edge is deteriorating. I've checked with the previous owner, and
the roof has not been painted.

Al G

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> wrote in
> oups.com:
>
>> On Mar 9, 4:59 am, Tegger > wrote:
>>> wrote
>>> oups.com:

>>> Your problem is a poor-quality repaint. That is not factory paint
>>> you're looking at.
>>>

>> I own this car from Day 1 and it has not been repainted according to
>> my memory, nor has
>> the car been involved in any accident that required paint jobs.
>>

> OK.
>
> In that case the mud was probably something out of Episode 45 of the
> X-files. Don't get it on your hands!
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Touch up/Clear coat(clearcoat stick) problem [email protected] BMW 4 October 10th 06 09:25 PM
98-02 Accord clear coat failure and rubbing compounds FunkyKev Honda 3 August 15th 06 01:41 PM
clear coat ronkinz Technology 3 March 14th 06 07:46 PM
clear coat application problem wannabeautopainter Antique cars 5 September 15th 05 12:13 AM