99 accord ex brake scrub sound after pad replacement

Old October 5th 05, 04:50 AM

Default 99 accord ex brake scrub sound after pad replacement

Replaced brake pads on front of my 99 accord two weeks ago. I used the best Bendix pads
my local parts house offered. The brakes work well but now I get a brake fart or scrubbing
sound when you take your foot off the brake to ease forward, like when waiting in line to exit
a crowded parking lot. I pulled it back apart tonight and everything looks ok. I hear it the most
from the LF brake. Any suggestions? Could this be cheapo pads causing this? I cleaned every
thing well and used anti-squeal grease. I have replaced pads on other cars many times without
this problem. The rotors are near perfect. Thanks for the help.

Old October 5th 05, 01:10 PM
TeGGeR®

> wrote in
news
> Replaced brake pads on front of my 99 accord two weeks ago. I used
> the best Bendix pads my local parts house offered. The brakes work
> well but now I get a brake fart or scrubbing sound when you take your
> foot off the brake to ease forward, like when waiting in line to exit
> a crowded parking lot. I pulled it back apart tonight and everything
> looks ok. I hear it the most from the LF brake. Any suggestions?
> Could this be cheapo pads causing this? I cleaned every thing well
> and used anti-squeal grease. I have replaced pads on other cars many
> times without this problem. The rotors are near perfect. Thanks for
> the help.

This phenomenon is more-or-less normal and is most felt with an automatic
transmission. Aftermarket pads will accentuate it.

If you push a bit more softly on the pedal at lights or waiting in line,
the noise will be reduced.

There's no real problem but for the noise. If it really bothers you,
replace the pads with dealer ones at the next pad change, otherwise don't
worry about it.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ