"Splats" for '93 Accord?

Old August 22nd 05, 05:13 AM
BC

Default "Splats" for '93 Accord?

I've seen a cosmetic accessory for Subarus and Corollas called a splat,
which is basically a black strip of plastic that covers several inches
of the rear side panel, at the bottom front corner of the rear wheel
well. It's designed to protect the panel from stone chips, etc., but
I'd like to get one simply to cover up the rust perforations that are
alreay there. Does anyone know if any place makes these for Hondas
(Specifically '93 Accords!)? Anyone ever try making their own?

Thanks!

Old August 22nd 05, 05:25 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article . com>,
says...

>I've seen a cosmetic accessory for Subarus and Corollas called a splat,

Splat? I think you mean spats. Like the old time shoe covers.
-------------
Alex

Old August 22nd 05, 10:00 PM
MAT

"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> says...
>>

>>I've seen a cosmetic accessory for Subarus and Corollas called a splat,

> Splat? I think you mean spats. Like the old time shoe covers.
> -------------
> Alex

Like Mr. Peanut, heh

Old August 23rd 05, 01:34 AM
TeGGeR®

"BC" > wrote in
ups.com:

> I've seen a cosmetic accessory for Subarus and Corollas called a splat,
> which is basically a black strip of plastic that covers several inches
> of the rear side panel, at the bottom front corner of the rear wheel
> well. It's designed to protect the panel from stone chips, etc., but
> I'd like to get one simply to cover up the rust perforations that are
> alreay there.

Those rust perforations are coming from the INSIDE. Covering them up will
not stop it from rusting more, if that's what you're trying to do.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 23rd 05, 03:22 AM
BC

Neah, I just don't want to have to look at them. The only way of
fixing them now would be to replace the metal. As for splats vs.
spats, I'm just going with what some guy at an auto accessories store
told me!

suggestions to buy accord yahmed Honda 3 May 15th 05 08:02 PM
2005 Accord: iPod-friendly? Paul Wylie Honda 11 April 5th 05 09:09 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 02:43 PM
2005 Accord ... Should I? DaveR Honda 21 February 10th 05 01:15 AM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM