Should bars have parking lots??

Old October 2nd 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Should bars have parking lots??

Not a bad idea though i still think the best answer is to make DUI a felony
with automatic multi-year license suspension. Let's stop coddling these
killers and maimers.
Old October 3rd 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Larry Sheldon

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

> Why not park a police cruiser there at closing time and stop everyone
> jaywalking. This would be excellent probable cause to catch a whiff of
> booze on their breath and drag them off if they subsequently slide into
> the driver's seat.

Said to be a true story, but I dunnooo...

Cop parked near a bar, near closing time.

Folks come out and make their way to their cars and leave, but one guy
seems to have a lot of trouble. He staggers out of the bar, eventually
gets to his car (after bumping into walls, street-light poles, falling
off the curb several times, etc).

Eventually the guy finds his keys which he had dropped while falling off
the curb, gets in his car and sits there for a while.

Eventually he is the last one left and he gets his car and heads
out--only to be stopped as soon as he hits the street.

And it starts, but when he blows a zero the cop wants to know what is
going on--was he supposed to be the designated driver or something?

Guy says "No sir, I'm the designated decoy".

--
Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:
http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

Old October 3rd 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Good question. What makes me really wonder:

Near where I live, there's a popular bar. Just across the street,
there's a city parking lot. Its about 100 feet down the road from a
signaled intersection, with pedestrian crossing lights and everything.
But the bar patrons (particularly the drunk ones) insist on stumbling
out, seeing their car directly across the street and making a bee-line
for it. So, what does the city do? Add another crosswalk right at the
bar's front door.

Why not park a police cruiser there at closing time and stop everyone
jaywalking. This would be excellent probable cause to catch a whiff of
booze on their breath and drag them off if they subsequently slide into
the driver's seat.

--
Paul Hovnanian
What color is a chameleon looking in a mirror?
Old October 3rd 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote in news:4AC6BC60.BBF2B5D3
@hovnanian.com:

> Good question. What makes me really wonder:
>
> Near where I live, there's a popular bar. Just across the street,
> there's a city parking lot. Its about 100 feet down the road from a
> signaled intersection, with pedestrian crossing lights and everything.
> But the bar patrons

Stop with that "patron" crap. They're drug addicts and criminals and a
public menace.

Old October 3rd 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
M.Butzin[_2_]

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote in message
> Good question. What makes me really wonder:
>
> Near where I live, there's a popular bar. Just across the street,
> there's a city parking lot. Its about 100 feet down the road from a
> signaled intersection, with pedestrian crossing lights and everything.
> But the bar patrons (particularly the drunk ones) insist on stumbling
> out, seeing their car directly across the street and making a bee-line
> for it. So, what does the city do? Add another crosswalk right at the
> bar's front door.
>
> Why not park a police cruiser there at closing time and stop everyone
> jaywalking. This would be excellent probable cause to catch a whiff of
> booze on their breath and drag them off if they subsequently slide into
> the driver's seat.
>
> --
> Paul Hovnanian
> What color is a chameleon looking in a mirror?

It's a good idea except it would be called harassment, it's been tried.
oddly enough the bar owner could hire the cops for traffic control.

Old October 3rd 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer - ECHM

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 18:52:16 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
> wrote:

>Good question. What makes me really wonder:
>
>Near where I live, there's a popular bar. Just across the street,
>there's a city parking lot. Its about 100 feet down the road from a
>signaled intersection, with pedestrian crossing lights and everything.
>But the bar patrons (particularly the drunk ones) insist on stumbling
>out, seeing their car directly across the street and making a bee-line
>for it. So, what does the city do? Add another crosswalk right at the
>bar's front door.
>
>Why not park a police cruiser there at closing time and stop everyone
>jaywalking. This would be excellent probable cause to catch a whiff of
>booze on their breath and drag them off if they subsequently slide into
>the driver's seat.

Or drag them off before they get into the driver's seat (on a public
intoxication charge - even if they are just kept locked up long enough
to sober up). That way they don't get into the car and drive drunk to
begin with.

Of course, that would not satisfy the revenue needs of the city and
the insurance industry like a DUI charge would and would not satisfy
the prison fetishes of a puritianical knot-head (and admitted highway
killer) like S&DDAM...

--
"Oh yeah. Well i've gone 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash
so i must be doing something right."

--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 9/24/2006

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/qdotr
Msg ID:
Old October 3rd 09, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer - ECHM

SFB spewed:

>Stop with that "patron" crap. They're drug addicts and criminals and a
>public menace.

Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS says that
drinking and driving is acceptable:

"Oh no - drinking and driving are constitutional rights."
--Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 1/3/09

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/85hpur
Msg ID:
Old October 3rd 09, 07:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
SeaWoe

On Oct 2, 8:12*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> Not a bad idea though i still think the best answer is to make DUI a felony *
> with automatic multi-year license suspension. *Let's stop coddling these
> killers and maimers.

Years ago in Someerville Mass (close suburb of Boston) if they caught
a drunk driver they would write him/her up for public intoxication, he/
she would plead guilty and be on the way, much poorer..
If the driver started mouthing off, they would write him/her up for
DWI.
Drunks in the know were quite co-operative.
Old October 4th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
M.Butzin[_2_]

"SeaWoe" > wrote in message
On Oct 2, 8:12 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> Not a bad idea though i still think the best answer is to make DUI a
> felony
> with automatic multi-year license suspension. Let's stop coddling these
> killers and maimers.

Years ago in Someerville Mass (close suburb of Boston) if they caught
a drunk driver they would write him/her up for public intoxication, he/
she would plead guilty and be on the way, much poorer..
If the driver started mouthing off, they would write him/her up for
DWI.
Drunks in the know were quite co-operative.

Here the first offense to get your driving costs you 3grand per year and
six months of daylight only driving. The second time you pay 5grand a year
for your license and blow on the tube you pay another 5grand to install.
The third time after five years you pay 10 grand per year to blow plus the
five grand for the device. The fourth time your bubba Leroy's Love monkey
and can be had for life. The insurance companies Rape you from day one, a
two year old will get cheaper rates. The blow meters make you pull over
every ten minute for a blow job, oh and don't think about getting someone
else to blow it's genetics for you.

Roll Bars??? Jazz_Azz Mazda 66 July 26th 07 08:05 PM
roll bars dave Mazda 13 December 26th 05 07:23 PM
Is Handicapped Parking also Commercial Parking? Dave Driving 29 October 31st 05 05:17 PM
Strut Bars Kevin22091 via CarKB.com VW air cooled 1 October 2nd 05 07:07 AM
where to get 04 honda pilot aftermarket side bars and front bars mike113 Honda 1 June 9th 05 12:26 AM