Bought gas today at $1.98 - THANKS DEMOCRATS

Old December 3rd 05, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush

Default Bought gas today at $1.98 - THANKS DEMOCRATS

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Sancho Panza wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >
> > > I totally agree with your point that a shortage of refinery's is part
> > > of the cause of high gas prices. And who could blame oil companies

for
> > > not investing in new refineries during the Clinton era where 8 years

of
> > > unprecedented peace and prosperity resulted in low oil prices.

> > To the vast majority of the world, that would appear to be a backward
> > analysis--putting the effect before the cause.

> The stats don't lie, something the vast majority of people in the world
> do understand. Peace and prosperity under Clinton were good for oil
> prices.

At what cost? But you don't want to know because just below you say you
don't care anything about history. But the people involved in the Kosovo,
Somalia and the Israel-Palestinian conflicts sure do.

> > If you are going to blame Bush for higher gasoline prices as you do in

the
> > next paragraph, an intellectually honest approach would have to ask why
> > prices were so low in the Clinton years. Could it be the Camp David and

Wye
> > River giveaways? Could it be Hillary lip locking with Suha Arafat?

> If you were intellectually honest you would admit there was a direct
> correllation between the war in Iraq and increasing oil prices. Even
> Blind Freddy can see that Oil prices increased from 2003 to 2005
> coinciding with the Iraq war.

They also increased in the 1973 war and in the original Camp David peace
accords. Notice a pattern here?

> > And as shown above, there are clear reasons why the price of crude oil

fell
> > from the 80's to the 90's, which for some reason you did not see fit to
> > post.

> Duh, because the entire history of crude oil prices is not relevant to
> the discussion as to why crude oil prices have gone up during Bush's
> term as a direct result of the Iraq war. Are you so blind you can't
> see the bleeding obvious?

You say it yourself. Thirty-five years of history is useless. Why pay any
attention? Why notice any patterns? We're only interested in the here and
now. That's our agenda--two inches in front of our fat belly buttons.

Old December 13th 05, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush